ssh

For 400 bucks what would you do?

47 members have voted

1. 1. pick:

my budget for sub(s) is $400, I've been looking at either getting two sa-12s, two dcon 12"s, or a single xcon 12"

My goal is to get loud, (don't want it for burps and competition tho)

enclosure will be ported, I have plenty of room (3-6.5cubes)

I'm assuming two sa-12"s would be louder than the dcons and louder then a single xcon. But then again I could be full of s***. :D

I'll be powering it with an sae-1200d (1200watts).

What would you do? I know the xcon is an amazing sub, but I also figure there is no replacement for displacement AND i'll only be running 1200watts so it won't be at its full potential.

P.S: the only subs I have heard besides mine (10" type-r...) is two rockford fosgate punch3 12"s on like 300 watts in a prefab box (and it made me happy, so i'm expecting to have an eargasam from my future subs) :P

-Stefan

Edited by stefanhinote

That is a hard one right there but it seems like your worried about output so I would lean towards the 2-12" SA-12's. The Xcon isnt a driver to pass up on neither, why not look at a 15" Xcon instead of a 12"?

Are SSA and Sundown your only choices? The two Decons or the SA12s sound like good idea if so.

i would personally go with the sa-12s bc i think u would get the most motor force behind them, by fully powering them, with the icons, you wouldnt be pushing them to their full potential...and the xcon is just being beat by cone area

edit: sri thought it said icons, its pretty much a toss up between the dcons and the sa-12s...but it would also be nice to have the head room to add another dcon or 2 more dcons with the extra power u would have.

Edited by Brandon Daily

I would go for a 15" but I can only fit a box with 14" width... ssa and sundown audio are not the only choices, but I do love the fact of their customer service. Perhaps I should look at IA and fi as well

I've been leaning towards the sa-12's and so far a couple agree. :santa:

Edited by stefanhinote

I voted for the xcon because the motor force will hit the lows nice.biggrin.gif

I voted for the xcon because the motor force will hit the lows nice.biggrin.gif

I change my vote, I thought I was voting for a 15" xcon. I would buy the two 12"s also.

"I'll tell you what I'd do man; two girls at the same time." Sorry watched Office Space at lunch.

2 Docns or the SA12's would make you happy, flip a coin.

A pair of IA 187 would be nice to through in the mix. But really it is hard to choose. All are great companies with great customer service.

When you do buy you're supporting SSA and the SSA Store.

Choose wisely young grasshopper! :lol:

IA LI's hmm :D so many choices :ohnoes9:

LI's are a very worthy driver! I have a pair of 15" and they are great drivers!

Two LI's Or A Single Flatline. If Not, I Second The 2 SA-12's, Hell, All Are Great Choices, Spin A Dreidel.

I say li's we be the better choice. You would be giving the there rms power and in the future if you wanted u could still give them more.

I would vote LI's. Unless u wanted to go cheaper I'd go with 187's there entry level but can take a beating. Right now my buddy has 8 10's on to Memphis 4kws (soon to be 16 on a kicker warhorse). And they just smile and keep taking it. (and that's not burps it's music).

I know NEW people on forums are looked over a bit but I have been in the SPL game for around 10 years now and i would have to say the SA-12's would be the way to go, everything that i have owned from Sundown has surpassed my expectations. So i say SA-12's all the way

yeah, everyone loves sundown for their product and customer service. If I got the sa-12's itd match the amp and I can always throw more power to them with a bigger amp down the road. I'm leaning towards the sa's once again :P

With all the recomendations given you would have no problem succeding in your goals! The SA-12's will be a great buy!

With all the recomendations given you would have no problem succeding in your goals! The SA-12's will be a great buy!

...and I know a place that sells them. ;)

Would a purchase from this place you speak of help to support a really bad ass forum too?

Would a purchase from this place you speak of help to support a really bad ass forum too?

:drink40:

"I'll tell you what I'd do man; two girls at the same time." Sorry watched Office Space at lunch.

2 Docns or the SA12's would make you happy, flip a coin.

hahhahahahahah so did i.......... but ya i would do SA-12's