Lifted07Duramax

Is something wrong with my sub or my box?

I have a down fire for 2 12s, sealed box under the seat of my silverado.

When I turn the volume up to 13 everything sounds fine when playing a song with big bass. But when I hit 14+ it almost sounds like its bottoming out. But heres the thing, when I put my hand over the bump on the top of the box and press down, that farting, blurping, vibrating (whatever you want to call it) sound goes away.

Its only happening on one side

Is my box coming undone? Or is it probably my sub?

If it could be a box issue, what can I do and how do I find out where the issue is?

^^^^ I agree.... sounds like the panel has came loose.... did you build it or did you buy it?

Loose panel.

I bought the box from Subthump.com

When you say panel, what part of the box is that? And how can I fix it without tearing apart the carpet? Or is that a must?

Lastly, how do I find out where its loose at? Will it be obvious?

No the box isn’t secured down but it hasn’t been since I put it in. Its only a month old

I bought the box from Subthump.com

When you say panel, what part of the box is that? And how can I fix it without tearing apart the carpet? Or is that a must?

Lastly, how do I find out where its loose at? Will it be obvious?

No the box isn’t secured down but it hasn’t been since I put it in. Its only a month old

Take your sub out and you should be able to identify the loose panel without removing the carpet but you may have to pull back some to fix it.

What am I looking for? A space between the box where its coming loose?

And what do I use to fix it? Take a few screws and screw it in? Whats that goop that’s used to seal it so no air gets out? And where do I get it?

It'll be clear as day and you'll be able to spot it easy. It's just a wood box and i side came loose.

What am I looking for? A space between the box where its coming loose?

And what do I use to fix it? Take a few screws and screw it in? Whats that goop that’s used to seal it so no air gets out? And where do I get it?

Yes most likely there will be a space between it where it is coming loose if you cant find it you might have to try and push the panel in or out and look where it moves. If its not cracked then you should be able to just screw it back into place and seal it off with silicone or caulk and you can find it at a local hardware store.