basshead601

woohoo xcon on its way!!

just got my shipping email today, man im so excited. still undecided on if i should just leave the jl in for now or go ahead n put the sundown in. i really want 2 xcons and 2 sundown 1500s for an upcoming show but im trying to get a box built. i think that would hit pretty hard in the cab of my truck. even tho everybody has seen em already imma still post pics when it gets here lol

Edited by basshead601

:woot:, never tired of seeing pictures.

Congrats man, I love mine. For not doing any competitions or anything, it shakes things up enough for me.

til I get a new car haha

think the box i have should be ok? it was built for an icon 4cu @ 33hz. will it be sturdy enough for the xcon?

Congrats man, I love mine. For not doing any competitions or anything, it shakes things up enough for me.

til I get a new car haha

i dont really care what it hits or expect to win i just like showing out lol. all of my friends have kicker subs n such i just wanna make em mad. i really wanted to do it with just the one sub which i think i might be able to :finger:

Icon and xcon have similar box requirements so you should be good to go. congratulations on your purchase you are going to love the xcon.

Icon and xcon have similar box requirements so you should be good to go. congratulations on your purchase you are going to love the xcon.

Your friends will hate you when they listen to the xcon, unless they have several Kicker subs in their trunk !!!

Find some music with really low bass notes, and your xcon will make you LOVE it !!!

My biggest dilemma is if I wanna leave the jl audio in the truck or give the sundown a run cause I have to wire the speaker accordingly n don't wanna keep taking it out the box

Your friends will hate you when they listen to the xcon, unless they have several Kicker subs in their trunk !!!

Find some music with really low bass notes, and your xcon will make you LOVE it !!!

oh trust me i got plenty of bass stuff. thats mostly what i listen to old school bass music!!

utf-8BSU1BRzAwMTUuanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1BRzAwMTQuanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1BRzAwMTEuanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1BRzAwMTIuanBn.jpg

well here are a few pics ill try to get some more of the sub in the box tomorrow and maybe a video :woot:

i also went ahead n hooked the sundown amp up to give it a try and it pushes pretty good. i followed the gain setting tutorial and did a lil further checking. someone please tell me if this was a bad idea. my amp should be set at 38.7v according to calculations and i set it to 38.0v(checked twice listening to the whole test tone) i had my bass and aux volume turned a lil higher then i usually listen to and i had the radio volume on 35, full volume is 50, i usually dont turn it higher then 28-29. after i got my gain set i played some other bass songs with different levels of bass and checking different volume settings to see how the voltage would react. it never really got over 38.7 listening to the radio on 28 it spiked to 40.2 one time on 29. i never moved the gain after setting it with the test tone so should i be good as far as not clipping the sub this time for the most part? also the voltage stays a lil above 14v and i have 2 batteries. not kinetik batteries or nothing like that my truck has 2 since its a diesel

Edited by basshead601

Nice looking equipment you have there, those Xcons look like pure sex :fing34:

man do i want to hear one of those bad boys in person! anyone near hickory, nc that has one????

man do i want to hear one of those bad boys in person! anyone near hickory, nc that has one????

I am in Florence, SC. Not exactly around the corner but if your ever in the neighborhood I travel the surrounding areas a good bit.

Congrats on the Xcon im sure you will be pleased

utf-8BSU1BRzAwMTcuanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1BRzAwMTYuanBn.jpg

just an excursion video, audio is crappy cause i used my phone i keep forgetting my camera at home

th_utf-8BVklERU8wMDAyLjNncA.jpg

ok i like the speaker a lot ive already gotten compliments on it. only thing is i believe i need another box. i cant really play just regular bass only really deep stuff such as beats 4 my van by dj billy e. other then that most stuff sounds like i got one 8" sub or something lol. the icon was the same way in this box. dont get me wrong it digs DEEP on really LOW notes. stuff such as techmaster and bass 305 it just wont hit. with my icon when i had it in the pro box it was SUPER loud. can someone give me some recommendations on a box or what i need to try. i have the amp set up right as far as i know. one person told me that the port was too big but thats over my head i dont know nothing bout port size

i went to one of the local audio shop today and pulled up bumpin just a lil bit n 2 of the guys came outside n wanted to know what i had so i opened the door n showed em and they just laughed and told me to come on in and buy a w7 and get rid of the "no name" speaker. so i told em to get in and i cranked it pretty good and just got out and said nevermind LOL

Edited by basshead601

Looks good man, and the way you set the gain sounded good for as far as i understand it also. I am a noob at setting it by DMM though. When is you next show? Interested in knowing what kind numbers you pull off.

Looks good man, and the way you set the gain sounded good for as far as i understand it also. I am a noob at setting it by DMM though. When is you next show? Interested in knowing what kind numbers you pull off.

May 15 but I donno if Imma be ready I wanna go wit 2 15's and strapped sundowns I'm attempting to get a box built.