slim142

Where to buy 2/0 AWG Wire?

I have some questions, hope I can get help.

Where can I buy 2/0 AWG wire?

Whats a good brand? model?

Does 2/0 gauge really make a difference over Zero (1/0) gauge?

Is anything thicker (3/0, 4/0) than 2/0 overkill and waste of space?

Thanks

Ok checked Welding Supply and found even 4/0 gauge. Thats good to know.

So the company that makes this wires is Welding Cables which I suppose are the owners of the website?

The reason Im asking this is because I plan on having someday (hopefully soon lol) a setup with 2 18s full BTLs. With two 2500D or maybe 3500Ds.

I thought about 2/0 because if I go for the 3500Ds, its going to be a lot of power and I dont want power flow to have any restrictions/problems getting from one point to another.

Well thats cheaper. How was your experience with that company and how good was the cable?

go to your local welding supply shop. they are usually great at installing connectors too. :drink40:

Well thats cheaper. How was your experience with that company and how good was the cable?

the wire is pretty good

its almost as good as the kicker stuff, just not as flexible

go to your local welding supply shop. they are usually great at installing connectors too. :drink40:

Agreed on the connectors. Ring terminals are much better than anything car audio I've played with.

go to your local welding supply shop. they are usually great at installing connectors too. trink40.gif

Agreed on the connectors. Ring terminals are much better than anything car audio I've played with.

X2

Copper instead of plated brass!

X3 for welding connectors. As well as welding cable over "car audio wire"

Bigger is always better in wires. As far as im concerned anyways,

http://www.audiosavings.com/products/Car-Amplifier-Power-Cable/MONSTER-CABLE-20-FEET-1-0-GAUGE-CAR-AMP-POWER-WIRE/20+FEET+S1%5Bs%5DOS+SILVER.aspx

But if you stuck on 2 gauge

http://www.audiosavings.com/products/Car-Amplifier-Power-Cable/MONSTER-CABLE-20-FEET-2-AWG-SILVER-CAR-AMP-POWER-WIRE/20+FEET+S10S+2+AWG.aspx

BUT I agree with everything said above as well, cant beat welding supply shops for connectors and wire

Edited by DrgUpsy

Bigger is always better in wires. As far as im concerned anyways,

http://www.audiosavings.com/products/Car-Amplifier-Power-Cable/MONSTER-CABLE-20-FEET-1-0-GAUGE-CAR-AMP-POWER-WIRE/20+FEET+S1%5Bs%5DOS+SILVER.aspx

But if you stuck on 2 gauge

http://www.audiosavings.com/products/Car-Amplifier-Power-Cable/MONSTER-CABLE-20-FEET-2-AWG-SILVER-CAR-AMP-POWER-WIRE/20+FEET+S10S+2+AWG.aspx

BUT I agree with everything said above as well, cant beat welding supply shops for connectors and wire

He doesnt want 2 gauge he wants 2/0 AWG, thats 1/0 AWG doubled bassically which is more than 1/0 AWG (2 gauge is smaller than 1/0AWG).

Ok so basically, 2/0 AWG and copper ring terminal from weldingsupply.com whenever it comes to power/ground cables for the amps.

I thought about Knu Koncepts, but it sucks they dont have 2/0 AWG.

You dont need 2/0 awg for an amp, just get 1/0 awg and call it a day. If you want to use 2/0 awg, then use it to do the Big 3.

You dont need 2/0 awg for an amp, just get 1/0 awg and call it a day. If you want to use 2/0 awg, then use it to do the Big 3.

he will need 2/0 or larger because he'll be running two 3500's

do 2/0 to battery bank then 1/0 to the amplifiers.

Basically what I meant, just use 1/0 to the amplifiers but thanks for the elaboration. :neil:

Basically what I meant, just use 1/0 to the amplifiers but thanks for the elaboration. :neil:

No problemo ;)

Most 1/0 handles around ~300 amps, so two external fuses of 300 amps = 2/0 + whatever other amps you have.

So there is absolutely no need to have 2/0 from batt to amps. If you do, is just to brag about it.

There is no need for it at all. For welding maybe........