UpGradde

UpGradde's 4th Order Build

Whats up yall. Started the box about 2 days ago, still need about another 2 days to finish everything. Its been raining but it'll be gone by tomorrow. This is my first 4th order enclosure, although I have built countless sealed and ported boxes. I am trying to keep this system lightweight, while still being somewhat loud. I had 2 Fi btls before but it was just too much weight for my car.

4th order is 1 cu.ft for the sealed chamber and 1.8 cu.ft for the vented chamber after sub and port displacement. It is tuned to ~43hz. 2 4" aeros. It is ported into the cabin via the rear seat armrest. Wat?

Build consists of:

• 112 sq ft. of Dynacrap Xtreme
  • Pioneer AVH-P5100DVD
  • Arc Audio KS300.4
  • Hertz HSK 165 comps(newest model)
  • RE AX3200DE
  • TC Sounds Axis Neo 12
  • XS Power D2400 / Oznium interior & exterior lighting
  • Big 3 / All Knukonceptz wiring/rcas even the godam remote wire

PICSHURES:

The Car

img10702.jpg

House of Kolor Kandy Orange with a silver base

1003782small.jpg

Inside the outdated 1991 M

img1689small.jpg

Seats out of a 03 G35

img1685small.jpg

Dynacrap every where.

1111081206small.jpg

Even the roof

1002674large.jpg

My new Comps, thanks to viet.

img0838small.jpg

Mids sealed like a muther****er

img1551small.jpg

Crossover

img1555csmall.jpg

A pillars gettin ready for paint and tweets

img0849medium.jpg

Tweets on the A pillars

img0864medium.jpg

Custom switches for lights, rad fan, and kill switch for bass amp.

1004815small.jpg

Done, pasted with loctite superglue found at the Home depot

1004821small.jpg

What the hell, it turned blue!

img0398smally.jpg

RE AX3200DE with plexi back cover

img1209small.jpg

Se

img1201small.jpg

Xy

img1205small.jpg

Arc Audio KS300.4

img1505smallv.jpg

Guts and fans

img1497small.jpg

Gizmos and turbo switches galore.

img0883medium.jpg

My truck carrying a sheet of birch like it was a ****en paper clip.

0310101525.jpg

The lightweight Beast

img1077small.jpg

10" spiders

img1093small.jpg

Hello, I'm Mr. Bass, how can I help you?

img1212small.jpg

Cuttin the birch, tablesaw isnt pictured because its on THE flo.

img1166small.jpg

Sealin the godamm trunk off, makin my angled cuts and thangs.

img1177small.jpg

Aero Baffle

img1180small.jpg

4th order gettin built.

img1174small.jpg

Holes cut for Aeros

img1219small.jpg

Test fit

img1226small.jpg

painting the port baffle

img1185small.jpg

painted and weater stripped

img1186smalle.jpg

Would you look at that, it is basically sealed

img1194small.jpg

testing the tubes, just for ****ing sakes

img1193small.jpg

There she is, saying look at my titanium cone. U dont want this.

img1229small.jpg

Bit of cement for the aeros.

img1230small.jpg

This stuff stanks

img1237small.jpg

Cement applied, even got my mirror to check around that hoe 360.

img1251small.jpg

Ported chamber, threw in a led for red death ports

img1254small.jpg

Sealed chamber.

img1256small.jpg

Now all I need is to line em up.

img1261small.jpg

There it is wow

img1263small.jpg

Carpeted the box with carpet from PE

img1265small.jpg

Creating the amp rack with the jig.

img1267small.jpg

Made from 1/2" Birch

img1269small.jpg

Getting ready to carpet

img1271small.jpg

Done

img1272small.jpg

Test fitting the Re ax3200de

img1274small.jpg

Threw in an Antec 3 speed switch fan to expell that hot air

img1276small.jpg

Test fit.

img1280small.jpg

---------------------------------

And thats it for now. It got dark on me. Tomorrow, I wire everything up and do some light testing. Hope you guys enjoyed watching all these pics, it was hell to get em up here. Comments, critisism, opinions are all welcome!

Edward

Great lookin shit man. A lot of nice fabrication ideas too. Pretty creative dude. This looks to be damn loud!:drink40:

Lookin good man lookn good I never tried a 4th order just seals or ported maybe this summer I'll try one out

Damn bro you have some good building skills i give you props. :woot:

NIce, very nice :woot:

Thanks for all the comments! I sure hope it is loud, we'll see tomorrow, i'll try and get some vids for my ssa brothas! :popcorn:

Don't have videos yet but this thing gets pretty damn loud and LOW! There is a notable difference that I can tell going from a ported enclosure to a 4th order.

1. Narrow passband (I guess thats what its called). Can Only play frequencies from like 28hz to ~50hz. Above 50, it looses output a LOT.

2. Bass is not precise (ie like a kick drum on a sealed or even a ported box).

3. Bass sounds very deep, engulfs the whole car with it, highs can keep up but on some songs the bass is just too overwhelming (thank you decaf).

4. Hardly any rattle from the trunk. I can open my trunk and not loose any output in the cabin.

5. A 4th order is perfect for rap music (which has a lot of low freq. material), but when it comes to rock/alternative, output isnt so great. Thats where an epicenter comes in lol.

6. Bottom line: If you want low and deep bass, and dont care about a narrow frequency range, definatley consider a 4th order. It is (at least from my experience) louder then a ported box.

Overall I am satisfied with the output. The closest I can compare this system to was my 2 12 fi bls ported on a gp3kpro. Only difference is the 4th order gets lower but the bls get a lil bit louder ~1db is my guess. The TC shakes my steering wheel on songs with 30-35hz. I just cant believe the output for such a lightweight system, which was my goal, and I think I achieved it. Next move, rb25det!

Hey Ed know this is an old thread revive but as time goes by I find myself knocking at that 4th order door... just wanted to know how you arrived at all your calculations, I've been researching non-stop for the past two days on 4th orders and getting familiarized with WinISD, but it keeps recommending an enclosure about the same size as yours for the 18" I have! I'm waiting on a response over in the Sundown forum for the T/S specs of my Nightshade but after that I'll be ready to rock and roll.

I loved the way your setup sounded at the last meet man, but I think when I design mine I'm going to make the sealed portion a bit bigger and the ported a bit smaller just to widen the passband a little bit... or at least from what I hear. Meh.

:boobs2::twirl:

Concerning bandpass, the variable is between the passband and gain, your box 'can' have a larger passband if it's designed with less gain (the S factor).

This is determined by the volume of your ported side.

Hey Ed know this is an old thread revive but as time goes by I find myself knocking at that 4th order door... just wanted to know how you arrived at all your calculations, I've been researching non-stop for the past two days on 4th orders and getting familiarized with WinISD, but it keeps recommending an enclosure about the same size as yours for the 18" I have! I'm waiting on a response over in the Sundown forum for the T/S specs of my Nightshade but after that I'll be ready to rock and roll.

I loved the way your setup sounded at the last meet man, but I think when I design mine I'm going to make the sealed portion a bit bigger and the ported a bit smaller just to widen the passband a little bit... or at least from what I hear. Meh.

:boobs2::twirl:

FUCK! Just saw this right now, sorry I am so late but I've been busy with work sooo much that I haven't logged in here for like 2 months...I see I am too late now as you've built your box already. :ohnoes9:

Oh well, can't wait to hear how it turns out, literally. :fing34: