Sign in to follow this  
jdub0802

SAE-1200D Remote

Hi All,

Complete noob to the Sundown name, but I recently purchased a SAE-1200D to power a SSA Icon 12 as a daily driver.

My question is on the remote that came with the amp there is an 'off' labeled to the left of the min setting. Does this turn the amp off if the knob is put there?

I was going to install a switch in the remote turn on lead so that I can have the radio on with out the sub at certain times. (Like listening to a hockey game on the radio) But if the remote will serve my purpose then there is no need for the added switch.

Thank you for any help that you can provide.

the remote will not shut the amp off, but it will basically turn ur subs off.

Welcome .... trink40.gif

No it will not turn the amp off! It will turn the remote gain feature off at the dash.

Thank you both for your help. So it won't turn the Amp off power wise, but it will turn the gain so low that there won't be any power going to the sub?

Sorry for the confusion.

Thank you both for your help. So it won't turn the Amp off power wise, but it will turn the gain so low that there won't be any power going to the sub?

Sorry for the confusion.

yes!! less gain = less output from the amp!!

to turn the power off on the amp you need a switch on the remote wire going to the amp in question. or turn the car off!

I got like 6 of these remotes, lookin at the ones i have none of these have off on them at all......lol wouldnt make any difference anyhow

Sorry for the confusion.

What this means is that turning the knob all the way down you effectively are reducing gain, all the way up it cannot go past the level of gain set on the amp itself.

yes!! less gain = less output from the amp!!

So the gain setting is a volume switch? I knew it!!...........................jk jk

Sign in to follow this