Hey guys, I'm pretty new to the forum, I've been lurking for awhile trying to learn as much as I can. Anyways, I've had a 15" Memphis sub and a Memphis Power Reference P200.2 two channel amp for awhile. Lately my sub started to sound like it was fixing to go. I found someone selling two Memphis 12s in a box on Craigslist. I went and met the guy and hooked up the speakers, and they sounded good, so I paid the guy and started to get on my way. The speaker wires this guy had for the 12s were crimped and part of the metal was exposed. I went to push the box the rest of the way into my Explorer, and like an idiot, I let the exposed metal on the speaker wires make contact. Smoke literally rolled out of my amp. I turned the power off as quick as possible, and gave the amp awhile to cool down. Both fuses were blown on the amp, I replaced them, and still get nothing but the protect light from the amp.

I'm betting that the amp is pretty much trash now, I was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions before I junk it.

Thanks

open her up and post pics ... Its trash im sure but you can see the inside before you junk it