CadillacMatt

SSA South Texas mini-meet

Hey guys,

We had a little meet-up today in San Marcos... just a few people including myself, Jon, Alex (inkfx) and Hugo (onebadmonte). Did a few TL runs, attracted the attention of a kid who drove by and tried to sell some Kicker subs to Jon :lol2: (thanks btw I still have a slight headache haha).

Scores (Correct me if I'm wrong):

Hugo - 135.8 ?

Alex - 139.6

Matt - 143.1

Jon - Umm.... technical difficulties?? lol! Loud as hell but the TermLab wasn't registering it for some reason

IMG00238-20100328-1519.jpg

IMG00237-20100328-1516.jpg

IMG00236-20100328-1439.jpg

IMG00235-20100328-1427.jpg

IMG00234-20100328-1427.jpg

IMG00233-20100328-1418.jpg

IMG00232-20100328-1417.jpg

IMG00231-20100328-1416.jpg

IMG00230-20100328-1416.jpg

:slayer:

Edited by CadillacMatt

I did a 139.6dB on the last run with that Bass Mechanix CD Hugo brought.

Had a lot of fun. It was good to meet who I didn't know already. The kid who came up to us was just priceless. "You should get some Kickers bro". haha. Jons Nightshades are just absolutely ridiculous. Makes me want a major upgrade now.

I think Jons girl (sorry forgot your name!) got a bunch of pics and maybe some vids of the meet. Hopefully we can get those posted up too.

I did a 139.6dB on the last run with that Bass Mechanix CD Hugo brought.

Had a lot of fun. It was good to meet who I didn't know already. The kid who came up to us was just priceless. "You should get some Kickers bro". haha. Jons Nightshades are just absolutely ridiculous. Makes me want a major upgrade now.

Fixed.

And I told that kid to buy some Funky Pups :fing34:

what were the technical difficulties?

He for some reason was putting up 143.5s back to back. It sounded WAY louder, though. Those Nightshades on 3k are no joke.

Damn I wish I was down South, would love to come to one of your meets. Im just gonna save up and ride down there one day in the future when yall have a little get together.

Damn I wish I was down South, would love to come to one of your meets. Im just gonna save up and ride down there one day in the future when yall have a little get togethe.

Hopefully we can have them more often. Next time I'll plan to stay a bit longer.

TEXAS represent!!!

I really enjoyed Hugos IB setup. That thing got LOWWWW.

i didn't get no phone call?!?

looks like this weekend would have been prime for a nice little get together

This weekends meet scheduling all happened pretty quickly. I kind of just messaged BigJon and Matt earlier in the week seeing if they were down. Didn't know Hugo was coming until today but I'm glad he did. Maybe next time we can plan out a bit more and get a larger showing. The parking lot we were in was surprisingly chill. I thought for sure they were gonna ask us to leave.

I haven't talked/met many of you guys. But I'm down. Ill drive out.

Well this was just a mini-meet, we would really like to plan something bigger like we had last year, with the great turnout we had. The problem is finding a date that is good for everybody. Maybe we can shoot for June again? That would give everyone a few months to plan some time off or what not.

Hugo's setup really is amazing... In the backseat you can feel the movement on as little as 5Hz :trippy:

Jay-Cee - I'm going to be in Dallas around the first of May... but... I probably won't have my car, I'm going with a friend of mine who's celebrating her birthday and she's driving :P

Edited by CadillacMatt

Well hopefully by then I will have some upgrades but thats what up, Im definitely gonna try the June meet if Im available.

It was a fun get together. Kind of last minute, but that's the only way they work out. :P Big thanks to Matt for putting it together and inviting. Big thanks to BigJon for the term-lab time and coming out. I'm totally pleased with my 135.8 in the kick, all windows closed and driver side door open. I did it on a sweep from 1Hz to 60Hz. The peak was in the low 30's could be in the high 20's, not sure. Viva infinite baffle. Ha ha. It's good meeting you, Inkfx. Can't wait till next time.

It was a fun get together. Kind of last minute, but that's the only way they work out. :P Big thanks to Matt for putting it together and inviting. Big thanks to BigJon for the term-lab time and coming out. I'm totally pleased with my 135.8 in the kick, all windows closed and driver side door open. I did it on a sweep from 1Hz to 60Hz. The peak was in the low 30's could be in the high 20's, not sure. Viva infinite baffle. Ha ha. It's good meeting you, Inkfx. Can't wait till next time.

Alex is to thank I didn't even think I was going to make it at first ;)

But yes next time we shall sound-off, drink, and be merry :OhYeah:

:smileyho:

Edited by CadillacMatt

Just tryin to turn a lazy weekend into something.

I plan on getting a new box together in the next few weeks. I just need a design and some MDF to kick off the process.

Just tryin to turn a lazy weekend into something.

I plan on getting a new box together in the next few weeks. I just need a design and some MDF to kick off the process.

I swear my eardrums are still sore today. :Jim:

lets get something sooner then june, that sun kicked my ass, maybe if there was some shade because last year was tooo hot

i want to get on the termlab again, just the other night, that guy chris in the orange and black flames obs chevy with the 2 15" death penalty's, he metered me with his meter doing a 144.3 at 34hz and on music i was in the 144's at 13.3v so i want to see how well his meter is compared to an actual termlab, he says its off by like .2-.3, and hopefully i'll have the new box in and my c&d battery.

lets get something sooner then june, that sun kicked my ass, maybe if there was some shade because last year was tooo hot

i want to get on the termlab again, just the other night, that guy chris in the orange and black flames obs chevy with the 2 15" death penalty's, he metered me with his meter doing a 144.3 at 34hz and on music i was in the 144's at 13.3v so i want to see how well his meter is compared to an actual termlab, he says its off by like .2-.3, and hopefully i'll have the new box in and my c&d battery.

What kind of meter is he using?

yes it was fun indeed.....

i donno what was going on in my car.. one thing i did remember is that i always have three people sit on my trunk to get a good score.... either way i was there to meter yalll not me..

that guy seemed to work for kicker as a street promoter or somthing i donno... but im sure he will come around.....

last year was hot and in the dead ass sun you are correct im tryin to find a place that will work well for this summer...

she did take alot of pics.. and ill try to post those soon...

obtw she blew two brand new sundown E8s on 500 watts... WTF... damn i had her car all sundown stickered up too... wonk wonk wonkkkk

obtw she blew two brand new sundown E8s on 500 watts... WTF... damn i had her car all sundown stickered up too... wonk wonk wonkkkk

Ah so they were BOTH blown?? :suicide-santa: