PR1M3R

Singing in!

Hey, I'm here!

Kinda new to car audio, working on a good system.

I have a 2001 Stratus coupe

Optima Yellow under the hood

Kinetik HC800 in trunk

Sundown SAE-1200D v.1

2 12" Treo TE's in prefab box tuned @ 34hz

Pioneer DEH-3100UB HU

Stock components in doors, and stock rear speakers also.

All 1\0 wiring

:wavey5: good list of equipment you have there. Any pictures of your install?

Yeah, let me grab my iphone and snap some pics. I installed everything myself, including the HU. Never done any of it before so be easy on me ;)

Be back in a few minutes.

Edited by PR1M3R

x2 on that you're off to a great start with the equipment there :fing34:

Here she is. Not the best or cleanest install, but a good start I think. Running 1\0 wire is a pain! LOL

carea.jpg

deckt.jpg

batti.jpg

subs2.jpg

ampq.jpg

Subs fire into the cabin. I have not tried the other way yet. Not sure if that will make a lot of difference.

My buddy said it will make the lower end frequencies louder though.

Any input guys?

My box fits so tight where it is it's almost like having them walled off hehe

Edited by PR1M3R

Looks real good :drink40: , the only suggestions I have is to add a 1/0 awg wire from your optima yellowtop's negative terminal to your car's chassis and you may want to seal off the trunk from the cabin. Have you done the Big 3? THE BIG 3 - SSA Car Audio Forum - Page 7

I have not done the big 3 yet. I helped a friend do his big 3 and now I think I am going to do my own. I just need to get some extra wire and some terminals.

It's gonna have to wait though cause I am tapped financially for a while. drawing unemployment :(

I have not done the big 3 yet. I helped a friend do his big 3 and now I think I am going to do my own. I just need to get some extra wire and some terminals.

It's gonna have to wait though cause I am tapped financially for a while. drawing unemployment :(

Go out and measure how far it is from your battery to the closest spot you can ground it on the car's frame and let me know how much wire you need (I have some 1/0 AWG scraps Ill send you, the longest I have is about a ft long if that helps).

It's less than 1ft. to the strut tower if thats a good place, or about 20" to the factory ground block.

I can't find my engine to chassis ground anywhere though. Can I just run a new one?

It's less than 1ft. to the strut tower if thats a good place, or about 20" to the factory ground block.

I can't find my engine to chassis ground anywhere though. Can I just run a new one?

Yeah that is not a problem at all, as long as it is attached to the engine block somewhere you are good to go.

:WELCOME:

Welcome