Fonzi

Sebring Install Q's

Alright, my step mom wants a small stereo in her car, but she wants to keep the factory HU. Can all amps be wired to a factory HU or only certian ones? Ive never done a install with a factory hu.

Heres what i got so far. My price line is ~500

Hifonics zx8000 5 channel amp 240

Id10 v3 100ish

kunkonceptz wire ~45

Im gonna up grade the front speakers but I still need to see whats going to fit before I do. They want drop in replacements no modding of any sort. Also is there a 3 channel amp out there with the 3rd channel being a sub cannel?

Its a 2003 Sebring convertable. I have the space under where the top goes to work with. The ID 10 sealed will fit there no problem. I guess my biggest problem is not knowing how to wire the HU to the amp, if its possible. Anyone got any insight?

That amps is way overpriced IMO. I bought one when they first came out for $180 shipped. I think you can find better for that money.

Also, be aware as the Chryslers have plugs in the doors for all the wiring. It's essentially a huge molex connector so the doors can be easily removed and reinstalled for repair, but are a huge pain if running new wire through the doors is necessary.

wonder if that guys has any Next 5 channels left? if not there are a few KX550.3's on ubid and a 2003 kx700.5 can be usually found on ebay refurbed cheap

SRT what should I do considering I want to run more than 2 channels? Should I just split the factory wires so there 2 ends coming off of each? That would make it so I could hook up 2 of the line converters, and thats if I go with the 550.3, if I do a normal 5channel then ill need 6 plugs.

Tire, Im just going to use the factory wiring for the doors and run wires from behind the HU to the trunk. I think I may look somewhere else for the amp also.

Aaron, thats a good idea, the 550.3 is exactly what im looking for, im going to have to check it out. How do I get a hold of the Next guys and do you have any idea of how much their 5 channel is.

The front doors on the car are 6x9, which I find odd. So im just going to pick up a decent pair of them to drop in. Ill power them off of the amp and let the rear 6x9's remain on the factory HU's power.

Im really trying to keep this right around 500 with everything. The biggest thing I need to work on is getting a god amp for a good price, the rest will be easy!

Thanks guys!

Im liking that 550.3 alot and it will save me a decent amount of money that I could put towards the line converters.

The 700.5 is mine, dont even think about bidding on it.

I was going to get the 550.3 but i wanted the 5ch

I just won the 550.3 on Ubid for 104!!! Sweet as hell!

Dont worry Supa, I got a 700.5 already, except its in my car.

NICE.

Now give me your KX700.5

NICE.

Now give me your KX700.5

As much as Id like to do it my RL-p is enjoying it too much!! It was a nice one though the birth sheet was 890. Hopefully this 550 is underratted a little.

Neon, Yeah the place seems great im going to spend some more time n their myself. Thanks Aaron for letting me know ab out it.

EDIT I was wrong on the Ubid price my dad got it for 93 bucks!!! 118 w/shipping.

congrats, sweet amp IMO

Ahh man that sucks. They seem to have some good deals and they are not over run by people like ebay. I was real impressed with the price I was able to get the amp for.

I could probably use someone else's US address, then get them to forward it to me... hmmm

Who is willing?

Id be willing to help you out like that once I get back to NY.

Are you looking to bid on something asap?

So the next obstacle im running into is box size. The location I have to use is. 40Wx12Dx8H

Im gonna build a box and Have the sub firing up, but im running into so problems finding a sub with a rather shallow mounting depth that can take 300-400 watts. The ones that I do find would barely fit and im afraid they will hit ceiling of the compartment when playing.

Anyone got any good shallow mount ideas? Id do either a 10 or a 12" woofer.

Memphis PR, Kicker compVR, L510, RL-i10, ID12 or 10, Quite a few actually with 6" or less. Should give you roughly .5" of pole vent clearance. More than enough for the power.

Awesome. I was looking at the L5 10", I was assuming I would need at least 1.5" behing the magnet though. What do you think about trying to build the box out of 1/2" MDF to save a little more space?

Ive never used 1/2" before but I know this subs wont be abused that bad at all. My old man is only going to listen to old rock with it, nothing is going to be bass heavy at all. Only when I play with it am I going to put it through some real excursion testing.

I was also thinking of a 12" l5. Im trying to get something real cheap. I could probably pick up a L712 off of ubid for around 50-60 But I know i cant swing it with that mounting depth.

I'd stick with the 3/4 just to be safe. Use 5/8 bare minimum.

I dont think inverting would be possible, unless I made a odd style box, and im not that good of a builder.

Ill do 3/4 i Just have to be careful of what woofer im going to get. Im kind of thinking about a ID 10 V3 right now. has a mounting depth of 5.5", and its a great woofer.

Im gonna have to put some more thought into it.

Im also kind of liking the idea of the 10L5. Im really looking to get the most possible output that I can while still being a tight wad too :D

Well I am able to squeeze a extra inch or 2 so im gonna be going with a 10" RL-i, granted mike has any left! I think that sub will like the 400 watts from the kicker amp, and it will be plenty for my dad!!