Sign in to follow this  
mohdhaizuren

Fi BTL12 Enclosure Technical Advice

See I got my own single Fi BTL12 last year.Now I'm working on how to compete in my hometown sound chellenge.I found out that its gonna be a lil bit diffrent getting a DB measurement when you pop up the trunk.Back in my country,that's how we do it.I know its kinda idiot try to get the DB reading while you opened up your trunk.. :trippy: I just won my 1st SPL challenge in own place..they got 2 diffrents category that is (internal & External) during the the internal way I hit 133.6DB and 127.7DB for the external...I'm using the 1.4CF for my enclosure...can somebody help me with the box enclosure so I can reach higher DB for both category? :D coz I'm ready to take on any battle after this :fing23:

My Proud Ride : Perodua Kenari

Current setup

1.Pioneer (HU)

2.Powerbass ASA1500D

3.1/0 Tsunami amplifier kit

4.2 pcs XS Powermaster S975

5.Alternator - Factory

http://www.facebook.com/people/Haizu-Adi/100000879443456#!/video/video.php?v=1401278077154&ref=mf

Edited by haizuren

The BTL asks for minimum 1.75cu ft.

I wiuld make a box with 2.30cu ft and around 40sq inches of port area.

With a 1500w amp, you could use a 3- 3.5cf box.

Ow, didn't see the amp.

Yea, 3cu ft would a lot louder, 3cu ft and 60sq inches of port area would be loud.

Ow, didn't see the amp.

Yea, 3cu ft would a lot louder, 3cu ft and 60sq inches of port area would be loud.

thanks 4 the info guys...if i'm using 3cu ft and 60sq inches of port area...what about the lenght of the port vent bro?can you help me?

Edited by haizuren

To tune for competition you will have to test with the meter used at the competition. Unless you find somebody with the same car as you and go from his suggestion of a tuning frequency.

If you have access to the meter, build an external port, as long as it needs to be to tune at 40hz and start cutting away untill your score starts to drop. Mark the port length for max output and there you have it.

Thanks bro! :drink40: i will do the test using my friend's db tester...i'll let you knw the result when i get the best tuning for my enclosure.. :jump:

Thanks a lot guys...thanks for your advice...i won the 3rd place during the SPL competition on the 29th May 2010...i was so damn happy coz almost beat double 12" woofers using my single 12" Fi BTL...i'm sure i gave them a huge shock during that event... :lol2:

way bigger box, lots of port area and tune to your vehicals peak. i also find it wierd that your doing a 133 inside the car and a 127 outside the car... i do a 147 inside and a 131 outside, thats a 16 db loss and your only losing 6? lol, but good luck.

way bigger box, lots of port area and tune to your vehicals peak. i also find it wierd that your doing a 133 inside the car and a 127 outside the car... i do a 147 inside and a 131 outside, thats a 16 db loss and your only losing 6? lol, but good luck.

thanks bro...i did 127.7 during my 1st SPL competition (outside) 133 (inside) using the 1.45 cubic feet n found that it was huge mistake on size...then after using the recomended enclosure i hit 132.8 (outside) 148.6 (inside)...i'm so happy to have such warm technical support for my setup..thanks to all :drink40: