after buying these batteries i found out that they are 34M's and are "starting only". now does this matter? the MCA is 1000, CCA 800, AH 50, RC 100.

Did i get ripped? (only paid 100 each) or are they good?

? i am lost lol post a link to what these batteries are, you say starting ONLY do you have car audio? do you have any other batteries in your car?

as for the purpose of a starting battery what is your car? 4banger? 6banger? inline 4? SUV what? we need a little more into if the batteries will help.

but 100 for 50ah and 800CCA isn't a bad deal in my books but that is most likey b/c i am canadain and EVERYTHING is over priced here! are they bnib??

o the optimum blue tops! lol!

umm i normaly see ppl using red or yellow for backup power blue...i am going to say no.. but lets wait for someone who has experience with them as i have ZERO! but like i said i don't see ppl NORMALLY using them in there setups!

The blue tops are there marine batteries, I dont see why wont work since they are still batteries. If they are brand new and you got them for a $100, that is a steal. Install them and if they dont hold up then sell them and get what you need.

yeah i was told that the only difference in yellow and blue are the terminals. thanks again for your help.

Yes both the blue and yellow are deep-cycle batteries, meaning they are designed to withstand being repeatedly drained/re-charged without permanent damage to the battery.

My Red Top is labeled as a starting battery, it's worked fine for the past few years but numerous shorts have left it dead a number of times in the past month... it's on its last leg now :(

after buying these batteries i found out that they are 34M's and are "starting only". now does this matter? the MCA is 1000, CCA 800, AH 50, RC 100.

Did i get ripped? (only paid 100 each) or are they good?

I used to be a store manager for autozone and actually talked to the manufacturer of optimas (johnson controls). The starting blue top is a ton better for what you need then the deep cycle marine version. The deep cycle marine will have trouble accepting a high amperage charge from your vehicle. The battery was meant to be completely drained and slowly recharged at about 10 amps or less. One of the best things about autozone was that when everyone returned/swapped an optima I would put the optima on a slow charge for a day and usually bring them back to life. I would then have a good optima without an owner, so I'd resell it to myself or whoever wanted an optima for $20!!!!!! LOL I would say the starting marine battery is similar to the yellowtop. The yellowtop is classified as a deep cycle, but it is a lot more forgiving about accepting high amperage charges than the blue top deep cycle. If you ever run across the D31T is the optima that'd be best for audio imo.