shakes

1995 Chevy Suburban

I knew somebody would leak my video on the net! Whoooohoo!!! I'm famous now!

WTF!!! This build log is weirding me out!!! The actual build is lookin' good! :shrug:

The build log must go on. I'll do a lot more if someone buys my other car.

$6800

plz buy.

Edited by shakes

You definitely got that bitch on sleeper mode! Cool lookin ride. :drink40:

I'll be building one in a few years with some attention and detail, something like what Cranberryyumyum is doing currently. You always pay way more but its just funner that way, I guess.

GLWS. :fing34:

Building them the right way is really really expensive. I have another car in the works right now. I originally paid $500 for it and by the time it hits the street I'll probably have a little over 20k into it and it's still going to be a piece of shit.

I hate cars.

Thats exactly what Im talkin about. Hopefully its not to much of a piece of shit for $20k though! But you got to love em!:suicide-santa:

Thats exactly what Im talkin about. Hopefully its not to much of a piece of shit for $20k though! But you got to love em!:suicide-santa:

It's not hard to rack it up.

10k into the motor

2k into tranny

4k into chassis

5k into misc

With all that you end up with a $500 car with a motor, tranny and a jungle gym interior.

Hopefully its not retail prices for EVERYTHING though. Maybe a little bartering and some trades, here and there. You would be very surprised to see how many people are willing to do so. You just have to have what they want. ;)

But ya, after that, you hope the plan is to keep it for a long time and get your monies worth. Unless you get a smokin deal, then you can start all over again! Lol.

Hopefully its not retail prices for EVERYTHING though. Maybe a little bartering and some trades, here and there. You would be very surprised to see how many people are willing to do so. You just have to have what they want. ;)

But ya, after that, you hope the plan is to keep it for a long time and get your monies worth. Unless you get a smokin deal, then you can start all over again! Lol.

I don't want to think what it would cost if I didn't know people. The motor was a lot more than I wanted it to be. I tried to cheap out and buy a used shortblock and have it freshened, which ended up costing me big time. With what I spent I should have a Dart block 400+ cube stroker.

Ive learned a few times like that. My motto is...

You live, you learn, and you spend a :bull:LOAD of money in between!!! :woot:

I got really bored tonight and threw together a 1 cube sealed enclosure for an old alum10 I had laying around. It's all caked with dirt and shit.

2po31wy.jpg

and nothing new with shakes' suburban. Got the alternator and such, probably install that later this week.

Edited by John Holmes

Trial and error ... live, build, break, and learn ... facts of life, not just in car audio ... :drink40:

oh shit...It appears my phone's mic is pretty good at not distorting...too bad the camera sucks ass at video.

Edited by John Holmes