joshtazz

enclosure for one fi btl 12

hello i am wanting a box built for a fully loaded fi btl 12. i have never had a box built for me so i am a newb.ha

my deminsions are 46 in length, 14 deep, and really whatever for height because i have a jeep 111838_large+2002_jeep_liberty+cargo_space_view.jpg . and i would like it to be as close as fis recommendations as possible

.....BTL 12 � Ported box we recommend using 1.75-2.5 cubic feet @ 30-35Hz (I personally think that a 32hz tuning is optimal, and has the most output and is still the most musical daily driving). Use 12-16 square inches of vent area per cubic foot of volume.......

thanks josh

edit.....and i dont know if this matters but i am powring it with a sundownd 1500.1

Edited by joshfi

ha dude, i just got my fi btl 12 fully loaded to put in my jeep liberty, but im powering it by an alpine m2000

i made my dims. 42 x 13 tall x 14 deep with a 2.5 wide port X 17.5 length tuned to about 36 hz made it a little higher because it'll be louder when i compete

EDIT: btw the net is like 2.69 cubes while the gross volume is like 3.34 cubes

Edited by pdubb

its really nice man. really good for daily, so far. havent been metered yet though. i gotta keep it turned down till i really wanna crank it though since as we talked about in the other post about voltage dropping. it does drop to like low 10s sometime and the bass just kinda fades off. kinda sucks but i'll get that new alt soon enough

been thinkin about the same thing. but all the ones they have on there ebay store are for 2.8 Liters and i've got a 3.7 so i'd have to further contact them to see if they make them for my size motor or go with another company

They do make it for 3.7 I think price was 360 and with me being 19 I love that price ha and they have great reviews

They do make it for 3.7 I think price was 360 and with me being 19 I love that price ha and they have great reviews

uhhh yeah me too. im 16 though

thanks for the info, guess i need to do my homework more thoroughly hah

hah maybe if i get really bored, i have trouble keeping up with my internet site as it is. ex: facebook, here, and thecomeupbmx.net

I'm thinking 2.25 cubic feet tuned to 32 Hz.

I just got home from easter festivities and will post a design in the AM.

Thanks, Andrew

just my .02 but i just built a box tuned at 32hz and 2.5 cubes and it knocks like no other. he's running it off of a saz1500 too. but i would listen to andrew since he knows what he is talking about.

k kool thanks and i was wodering (and its no big deal) but if i could get a little plexi glass window to showcase the monster haha.

k kool thanks and i was wodering (and its no big deal) but if i could get a little plexi glass window to showcase the monster haha.

So something like sub back, port back and the window on top?

Andrew

If possible sub up port back window front

Ok I will get a design going and see what I come up with :)

Andrew

K cool thanks a lot especially with fast replies

Ok here is what I came up with.

14 deep

16.75 tall

43 wide

Sides indented .75 inches

3 x 13 port opening

2.5 cubes

.18 sub disp

.068 bracing

Double Baffle

Due to how shallow the box is, the sub will be off to the right and port on the left, or opposite.

Right now we are at $155 plus shipping.

If you want to add the plexi window let me know because I'm going to have to schedule in some time with the cnc router I have access too and figure out pricing.

Andrew

sounds good and ya i would love a plexi glass if u can get it to fit.....and if u could get it to fit i was wondering if u could put another terminal thing in for an led to be wired to thanks...josh edit and i know this isnt exact but this is sorta whayt i mean with the plexi in the front 2w3cgap.jpg not to big but big enough.

Edited by joshfi

I was thinking of an 8 inch tall x (how ever wide you want) window.

Let me know how wide you want it so i can get a quote on the material.

Thanks, Andrew

Idk mabey 16 that sounds good

Ok I will get a quote and get back to you on a price for adding in the window.

Andrew

No that's just a pick I pulled from google but same color and style I can't wait for some good rain cause mudden seasons in lol

I received a quote back for the custom cut piece of Plexi, and I figured out that I can machine the window opening without the cnc. Add $100 for the cost of the window. I am going to continue to shop around to see if I can get a better price on the Plexi.

Andrew