smashedz28

SAZ vs SAE amps?

Im just looking into buying a sundown amp for my truck soon.. i already have a SAZ1500 for my other vehicle and ive heard nothing but good about those.. cant wait to get it hooked up here soon.. but i see the SAE1200 is the same price as the SAZ1000 ... what is the difference between these 2 amps? i know the rated wattage but what else is there? is the sae lacking a few things? just very curious.

alright, in my case i wont strap them so thats not a negative to me, is there any other differences?

alright, in my case i wont strap them so thats not a negative to me, is there any other differences?

SAZ can handle 18v electrical systems. But other than that there not very different. There really wont be an audible difference either choice is fine

right on, appreciate the info :)

Different buildhouse, different crossover settings. The SAE-1200 actually produces around 1500 watts, while the SAZ-1000 will do about 1200.

The SAE is entry level, that is why they are cheaper.

The SAE-1000D = SAZ-1000D same board, different heatsink. SAE-1000D/SAZ-1000D are .5 ohm stable and will run up to 18VDC system. The SAE-1200D is 15VDC or so maximum and is NOT .5 ohm stable. Basically the SAE-1200D is a powerful amp for budget stuff, but it's not built like a tank like the SAE-1000D or SAZ-1000D. The SAE-1200D is made in China vs the SAE/SAZ-1000D is made in Korea and comes off the same exact assembly line as all the other SAZ series amplifiers and is built to those standards. I would only recommend the SAE-1200Dv1 if you are really on a budget, it's powerful but not the most rugged amplifier, the SAE-1200Dv2 would be a wiser choice, but it costs more, it has the same parts inside, so same power output, but a few more capacitors and a double sided circuit board which helps the amp last longer and hold up to extreme vibration without breaking solder joints etc like could happen in the SAE-1200Dv1 with it's single sided circuit board.

this is what i got from db-r when i asked about the difference between the sae1200dv1 vs the sae1000d

The SAZ-1000D has 24db per octave crossover slopes and can be strapped. It cannot run on 18volt electrical. Would not recommend running at .5 ohm.

The SAZ-1000D has 24db per octave crossover slopes and can be strapped. It cannot run on 18volt electrical. Would not recommend running at .5 ohm.

x2.....and i think running it that low will void your warranty also

all good info.. ill stick with the SAZ's.. i like amps built like tanks :) im on a budget to a point.. i can spare the money for the good one when the time comes. Thanks you guys.

The SAE-1000D = SAZ-1000D same board, different heatsink. SAE-1000D/SAZ-1000D are .5 ohm stable and will run up to 18VDC system. The SAE-1200D is 15VDC or so maximum and is NOT .5 ohm stable. Basically the SAE-1200D is a powerful amp for budget stuff, but it's not built like a tank like the SAE-1000D or SAZ-1000D. The SAE-1200D is made in China vs the SAE/SAZ-1000D is made in Korea and comes off the same exact assembly line as all the other SAZ series amplifiers and is built to those standards. I would only recommend the SAE-1200Dv1 if you are really on a budget, it's powerful but not the most rugged amplifier, the SAE-1200Dv2 would be a wiser choice, but it costs more, it has the same parts inside, so same power output, but a few more capacitors and a double sided circuit board which helps the amp last longer and hold up to extreme vibration without breaking solder joints etc like could happen in the SAE-1200Dv1 with it's single sided circuit board.

this is what i got from db-r when i asked about the difference between the sae1200dv1 vs the sae1000d

So does this mean a SAE-1000D is strappable with a SAZ-1000D?

You would have to ask Jacob, the quote was copied and pasted from an email I got when I asked sundowns authorized repairman about the differences between the two amps that I listed.

Edited by Third Eye Vision

No cant since they are still two different amps inside, just cause they make around the same rms doesnt mean they can be strapped together.

No cant since they are still two different amps inside, just cause they make around the same rms doesnt mean they can be strapped together.

The post above which supposedly contains a copy-n-paste email from Db-r states they are exactly the same internally. In which case yes, they would be able to be strapped together.

However I would advise you verify the information with Jacob before attempting.

But are they two different amps or is this wrong?:

If it was the same amp, then way make two different titles and casing for it (makes no sense). No they arent the same amp at all, do you know how many amps out there that share the same board. It is way deeper then just having the same boards and so on.

If it was the same amp, then way make two different titles and casing for it (makes no sense). No they arent the same amp at all, do you know how many amps out there that share the same board. It is way deeper then just having the same boards and so on.

Sundown Audio - SAE-1000D

Linkable to another SAZ-1000D for 1800 watts @ 2 ohms

Could that be a typo, or a Freudian slip? Hehe.

Sundown Audio - SAE-1000D

Linkable to another SAZ-1000D for 1800 watts @ 2 ohms

Could that be a typo, or a Freudian slip? Hehe.

Who knows it may be a typo because if you look in the paragraph above, the last sentence states:

"The SAE-1000D is also made with the future in mind as two units can be linked together to produce a staggering 1800 watts into a 2 ohm load."

Might have to ask Jacob which statement is true.