Sign in to follow this  
MattB

RL-i 10" isobaric??

Ok, quick history...the blazer I am fixin to buy from my friend has a box the we (he & I) built about 9 years ago in it. It is an iso. enclosure with 2-jl 10's. I like the box because it takes up minimal space in the back of the s10 blazer. He has an old alpine v12 (like the first ones that came out) running the 2 jl's, and it hits crazy hard. SO, since I dont want no stinkn 9 year old jl's, I am gonna sell the rl-p12, and get 2 rl-i 10's. I would like to re-build that enclosure, but, would the rl-i's dig it? (using the rl-i specs of course) Powerd by the mcd1000d Opinions....

isobaric clamshells are good for any woofer. just build it half the size of a single woofer enclosure.

it's really nothing special. it's great for minimal space installs (home or car)... but with todays low vas drivers, often really unnecesary.

a couple of 18's... yes You'd save some space. but still be tied to the same cone area at the cost of double the thermal power input.

Ok, quick history...the blazer I am fixin to buy from my friend has a box the we (he & I) built about 9 years ago in it.  It is an iso. enclosure with 2-jl 10's.  I like the box because it takes up minimal space in the back of the s10 blazer.  He has an old alpine v12 (like the first ones that came out) running the 2 jl's, and it hits crazy hard.  SO, since I dont want no stinkn 9 year old jl's, I am gonna sell the rl-p12, and get 2 rl-i 10's.  I would like to re-build that enclosure, but, would the rl-i's dig it? (using the rl-i specs of course) Powerd by the mcd1000d  Opinions....

if it sounds good with the jl / alpine combo id say why change it? you could end up spending time and money and it not sound as good?

IF IT WORKS-DONT FIX IT!

Maybe its just been way to long and a change is needed to fill some curious tendencies.

Maybe its just been way to long and a change is needed to fill some curious tendencies.

Well, that..and I'm buying the vehicle without the system, since I have all my own stuff..and after nine years, my friend is kinda attached to his ole equipment...

Well, that..and I'm buying the vehicle without the system, since I have all my own stuff..and after nine years, my friend is kinda attached to his ole equipment...

what kind of music do you listen too mostly and how loud do you want it?

Well, that is hard to say. But, mostly it would be rock. I really dig jamming Dream Theater to Deftones, as loud as I can. :P

Well, that is hard to say. But, mostly it would be rock. I really dig jamming Dream Theater to Deftones, as loud as I can. :P

then i would sujjest a seald box for you.and a big amp