BryanTheCEO

First setup in 2 yrs!

It's been about 2 years, since I have had any bass due to lack of time and money. Damn it feels good to be back!!!

Pioneer HU (model ??)

Fosgate mids and highs

Soundstorm (free) 4 chan

(2) Fi Q15's

DC Audio PAI-2000.1

Next:

Alt upgrade

Enclosure:

4.9 cuft (after displacement)

Sealed

Vehicle:

97 ek Civic hatch

Proof of existance:

Nice choice of equipment you there.

Where did you find the DC amp? I dont see them anywhere.:drink40:

It's a secret and I would have to kill you if I told you...

Na, I got it in a trade for my IA40.1, which was blown.

cool vid ... nice ride ... :popcorn:

Thanks man. Once I finish tweakin everything, I will get some flex vids up.

You guys think a 135amp alt is enough for a 2200w rms amp?

It will come down to what electrical upgrades you have in the car, hopefully the Big 3 and a spare battery may help. But the only way to tell is to install the amp and a voltmeter and monitor your voltage then make an assessment from there depending on your voltage drops.

It's a secret and I would have to kill you if I told you...

Na, I got it in a trade for my IA40.1, which was blown.

wish i had that 40.1!!! :(

Lookin good bro. FLA FTMFW!

:drink40: :drink40:

Nice start looking forward to the pics! popcorn.gif

Where did you find the DC amp? I dont see them anywhere.trink40.gif

You can contact Rusty at DC and iquire about them. They are a basic Zenon built amp that Rusty had made for the European customers.

lol, I have issues. I am already considering a 7cuft box with 4 4"x17" aeroports.... it would basically be the same box I have in there, except deeper. That would mean no back seat for the kids. The catch is that we always drive my wife's car as a family anyways....and I can always just keep the sealed box. Plus, if I go ported, I would upgrade to BL's or subs with similar specs and output.

Thoughts?

Definitley going to be louder by going ported and going to the BL's will be even louder.

Yezzirrr! the more I think about it, the more I have to do it. I will start the build next month. I figure with 4 Q15's, I should be able to sell them and get enough cash for a pair of BL's... Oh why oh why did I have to come back to this addiction??? I was sober for so long!

Yezzirrr! the more I think about it, the more I have to do it. I will start the build next month. I figure with 4 Q15's, I should be able to sell them and get enough cash for a pair of BL's... Oh why oh why did I have to come back to this addiction??? I was sober for so long!

If it were me I would try the "Q"'s in a ported enclosure. I think you will be surprised at the increased output. Not designed to be a spl or high output driver, but by putting it in a ported enclosure you will see another side to this great woofer. Just my .02!

If it were me I would try the "Q"'s in a ported enclosure. I think you will be surprised at the increased output. Not designed to be a spl or high output driver, but by putting it in a ported enclosure you will see another side to this great woofer. Just my .02!

Yes, that is exactly what I am doing, an then I can switch them out with BL's later, but ultimately I do want to upgrade to a pair of BL15's.

What do you guys think of maybe doing a single BTL 18" on 2K RMS. 8 cubes tuned to 32hz. I think the pair of BL15's would push more air on 1k rms each.

Both would move the air quite well! 2 15" in a recommended enclosure will have more output due to increased cone and motor over the 18".

Yeah that's true, plus I would already have the box ready to drop a new pair of 15's in.

You can contact Rusty at DC and iquire about them. They are a basic Zenon built amp that Rusty had made for the European customers.

Thanks dude. I saw some at the Sac Autorama in the DC sound lab jeep and wondered how they came about. I never seen them before, not even on the site.

Thanks dude. I saw some at the Sac Autorama in the DC sound lab jeep and wondered how they came about. I never seen them before, not even on the site.

Soooo, my amp makes me special, right? :woot:

Soooo, my amp makes me special, right? :woot:

Its always nice to have shit that a lot of others dont. Great score dude!