Sign in to follow this  
BumpinLTC

Q15

Lookin into putting together another set up for the spring and summer. Last year two 12cvr on (dont laugh) power acoustik BAMF1800 bha. Question is how much would a 15 Q running off say..... hifonics BXI 1210 d embarrass the kickers? Oh port facing back in town car ( big @$$ clamshell trunk)

Lookin into putting together another set up for the spring and summer. Last year two 12cvr on (dont laugh) power acoustik BAMF1800 bha. Question is how much would a 15 Q running off say..... hifonics BXI 1210 d embarrass the kickers? Oh port facing back in town car ( big @$$ clamshell trunk)

No way to tell, not a good way to go about purchasing a sub. Give goals, maximum dimensions of what can fit, amps being used, electrical upgrades already done or will be doing in the future, budget and etc. More information if you want quality help.

Just depends on what your goal is.

Since you said embarrass your kickers I assume you want more output?

If you want loud dont try to save a few bucks by buying the Q get something that will give you what you want the first time.

Can fit whatever. Gave amp more than likely run kicker zx1000. Goals? Ill explain. I was happy with the output of the two cvrs but the sq was horrible missing notes and such and plain sounded like buttttt which caused me to try to fry them on purpose but smoked my amp first lol ( yes i know exactly what i did to mess my amp up it was on purpose. Which brings me to the q which has awesome ratings on the sq side. Basically want same output which once again im sure the q would stomp the cvrs but mostly concerned about sq. Hope that makes a lil more sense. as for what i can fit, anything under fifteen cubic feet so im set on that end. Big 3 will be done at time of purchase. Budget isnt really an issue.

sounds good. I just thought the bl was mostly for spl which logic tells me wouldnt sound the greatest. Guess ill have to order and see what happens. 135 amp alt and big 3 good enough for electrical or would recommend more?

1000W right?

Get a big battery up front or one in the back and you should be good. Just keep an eye on the voltage and try to keep it as high as possible.

Na, Night and day between the BL and Kickers.

You will like. :drink40:

It's more of a daily ground pounder that sounds good too type sub which is what 99.9% of people with subs want.

battery for my car i think is like 1200 amp. Wally world batt. Just bought like three mos. ago. idk if ill have a problem with voltage used to run with the kickers turned 3/4 up at night and didnt even begin to dim lights. Usually sat around 13.5 volts when beating hard. But that was with a power acoustik amp that more than likely put out half of what it was rated at. Id say ill probably throw a kinetic 1200 in the back.

Get a voltmeter first.

You will get a new batt only if you need it .

Sign in to follow this