Sign in to follow this  
Wackzirth88

2 12" lethal injections or 1 15" death row

Hey what's up guys. Ive been wanting to get some different subs for awhile now, try something new. They're are alot good options so it's a hard decision. I'm still undecided but I'm pretty sure I want to go with incriminator audio subs. My car is a 1999 ford contour, small trunk, and my seats don't fold down. Right now I have a 4.3 cu ft enclosure, 3 after sub and port displacement. It's a really tight fit, I have to take the back seat off and sliding it in that way. So I'd like to stay around 3-3.5 cu ft enclosure, so I can still access the spare if I have to. I'll be using a sundown sae-1200v2 for power. It's just for daily bass. like everyone else I'm wanting low, loud, and clear bass. I'm sure both listed options will but I'm just wanting other peoples opinions.

As for the enclosure, I'll build one for whatever I go with 3-3.5 cu ft ported to probably 32 hz. If I go with the 12s I'd have the subs and port to the trunk. for the 15 I'd have to do sub up and port back since my max height is 15".and for music, I listen to pretty close to 50/50 rap and rock.

You could still fit a 15" if you do a slant on the front of the box. Could always do side fire ports.

What dimensions do have to work with?

O sorry. If I remember correct my current box is 37w x 14 tall x 17 deep slot ported. lll double check my box and max dimensions available after work today. I was hoping I could save some space going with the 15 dr and not sacrafice any output. If I went with aero ports would it save some space as opposed to going with a slot port.

As for the side fire port, i don't how well it would work because there only like 1",give or take a little, between the side of the enclosure and the side of my trunk.

Edited by zack w

Yes Aeros will save internal airspace.

No one has any input? I know both will perform well given they're in a good enclosure and on clean power but will 1 choice have more output then the other choice?

If it were 2-12" Lethal Injections vs. 15" Lethal Injection it would be easier to say the 2 -12"s but since you stepped up in woofer class you have to take into account motor force and such besides just cone area. It would be a toss up but both will be phenomenal. Since it comes down to size in your case I would go for the Death Row.

Thanks for the input. I could fit either. I'm kinda leaning towards the 15 since I've always had 2 12s, but then I think but not these 12s. Which choice would have greater motor strength?

And I see the min recommended enclosure for the li 12s is 1.75 each. If I added polyfill to my 3 cu ft box would it be sufficient for the li 12s? If so that may influence my decision a bit. I definately don't have anything against building an enclosure, kind of enjoyable actually but if wat I have will work that saves money.