BanginGMC

Sound Deadener Showdown

good stuff- got the doors done- used almost 3/4 of the box sent usps of the cld on all the doors- got a little trimming left- the mid bass went from ehh- to dam i didnt know these had that in them-- i was opening everything up i was like where the hell is the velcro and cement about 30 mins later i went :Doh:

thanks for the great product again

My pleasure - very glad you like them.

Great product! Finally installed my CLD panels yesterday and all I can say is "This ish is crazy sticky and thick"! Great vibration dampener, but my truck back wall flex could still use a little more mass!

I will be placing an order next week. trink40.gif

Great product! Finally installed my CLD panels yesterday and all I can say is "This ish is crazy sticky and thick"! Great vibration dampener, but my truck back wall flex could still use a little more mass!

The best solution I've found for actual panel flex is to go to Home Depot and by a cartridge of PL Premium construction adhesive and aluminum bars. Glue the aluminum to the panels, tape it down tightly while it cures and wait 24 hours. Then put vibration damper between the bars.

Actually, welding steel bars to the sheet metal is probably best, but that's a little crazier than most people want to get :)

The best solution I've found for actual panel flex is to go to Home Depot and by a cartridge of PL Premium construction adhesive and aluminum bars. Glue the aluminum to the panels, tape it down tightly while it cures and wait 24 hours. Then put vibration damper between the bars.

Actually, welding steel bars to the sheet metal is probably best, but that's a little crazier than most people want to get smile.gif

I even though of cutting a piece of .75" of mdf and gluing that to the back wall.