Sign in to follow this  
blackga

d5100 and d3100 enough for 2400-2600 rms ?

hey im just wondering if these 2 batteries would be enough to feed my rockford bd 2000 and a alpine pdx 100.4 . i drive a 2006 monte carlo ss 5.3 v8 and i have no idea what my idle output is on my alternator. i found an irragi alternator for the car but i am scared of getting it because of the negative reviews i heard about them so i would like to try to stray away from buying a new alternator. thanks in advanced for the help

hey im just wondering if these 2 batteries would be enough to feed my rockford bd 2000 and a alpine pdx 100.4 . i drive a 2006 monte carlo ss 5.3 v8 and i have no idea what my idle output is on my alternator. i found an irragi alternator for the car but i am scared of getting it because of the negative reviews i heard about them so i would like to try to stray away from buying a new alternator. thanks in advanced for the help

Those batteries will give you about 7000watts of power and should keep your voltage up pretty good. If you ever decide to upgrade the alternator just let me know. We have a direct bolt on 250amp alternator for that application that can be purchased through the SSA store for $499 and it comes with a 12month manufactures warranty. It is part number 6262 and if you decide to order just shoot denim a PM and he can get it pushed through the SSA store for you.

I'm pretty sure its against forum rules to post the same topic in multiple forums. Your question was answered multiple times in the other thread.

Nathan: Are Mechman and XS Power the same company? I ordered a HO alternator from Mechman, and noticed that your both in Knoxville, and Mechman sells XS Power. If I buy a XS Power battery, can I pick it up in Knoxville to avoid having to pay shipping? I'm in Morristown, so I'd say it would save me some money.

Thanks for the help.

I'm pretty sure its against forum rules to post the same topic in multiple forums. Your question was answered multiple times in the other thread.

Nathan: Are Mechman and XS Power the same company? I ordered a HO alternator from Mechman, and noticed that your both in Knoxville, and Mechman sells XS Power. If I buy a XS Power battery, can I pick it up in Knoxville to avoid having to pay shipping? I'm in Morristown, so I'd say it would save me some money.

Thanks for the help.

Mechman and XS Power are both located in Knoxville, but we are two totally separate companies.

As far as shipping goes it really depends on what battery you are ordering and where in Morristown you live as to which would be cheaper. If you have already used Mechman before I would just check with them and see if they are still offering free shipping.

Thank you all for the help. And sorry for double posting. So I think I'm just going to use the batteries first and then look into an alternator. I just hope the stock alternator can keep up. Just to make sure do you think the 150 amp alternator will b ok 2 keep the batts charged or do you think I should just get the alternator and call it a day nathan?

150amp can charge the batteries if you aren't playing at full tilt all the time, but of course down the road an alternator upgrade will help.