Sign in to follow this  
blackga

d5100 and d3100 be enough for 2500 rms?

hey im just wondering if these 2 batteries would be enough to feed my rockford bd 2000 and a alpine pdx 100.4 . i drive a 2006 monte carlo ss 5.3 v8 and i have no idea what my idle output is on my alternator. i found an irragi alternator for the car but i am scared of getting it because of the negative reviews i heard about them so i would like to try to stray away from buying a new alternator. thanks in advanced for the help

lol, i use a single d3100 and d5100 with stock alt on 21,000w of AQ amps for comp and demoing.

So i'd say.... yea, lol.

Honestly, a single D3100 should handle 2 of those amps but it all depends on how much reserve u need.

statistically speaking- the more reserve you need, the more ear plugs you will need :)

Seriously?

3 posts up from yours you will find

THIS !

yes but everyones situation im sure is a little different, also ive heard different things so i want to make sure is that a crime?

Dude, that would be PLENTY of battery power as long as you have an adequate alternator to keep them charged.

Dude, that would be PLENTY of battery power as long as you have an adequate alternator to keep them charged.

what would be adequate?? i have no idea what my output of my stock alt is. and i cant seem to find it on the internet either. im just going to call gm goodwrench and see what the specs are.

There's no need to post the same topic in multiple forums, and I'm pretty sure its against forum rules also.

Adequate for those batteries would be over 200 amps I would think. Call Mechman or XS Power and ask, that would be your best bet.