Cthedinger

Russian SPL Meter next too a TL Comparision vid

Wayne is not going to be happy about this. ;)

Term-Lab prices may need to drop to be a little more competitive.

Wayne is not going to be happy about this. ;)

Who is Wayne?

Yes sir but I highly doubt they do

Wayne is not going to be happy about this. wink.gif

Who is Wayne?

Wayne Harris is the man that created the Term Lab!

Wayne is not going to be happy about this. wink.gif

Who is Wayne?

Wayne Harris is the man that created the Term Lab!

I see I see I guess I am still a :noob: when it comes to certain stuff :)

then u better get in on the group buy then :) and save u some money.

I HIGHLY encourage anyone that has doubts to read their website www.spl-lab.ru and see what all they have to offer. We have access to all their products.

I own a termlab and i still want one of these meters because i never liked the interface box that comes with the termlab... too expensive to replace, stupid concept, in my opinion to have to use and not well thought through when built.

IF you ever look at the internals of an interface box.. it's not user serviceable... circuit board soldered on top of another circuit board.. come on now ...

It's funny because i didnt know the OP made this thread and i just got word about the new vid and posted the link to it on the group buy thread then i see this thread and another forum was talkin about it too.

imo the termlab price should drop. Correct me if I'm wrong, but all the termlab really is, is a modified mass air flow sensor for a ford. You can get a new mass air for around $150. So I am guessing that the new case, modding the sensor, splicing it to an ethernet cable and giving you a computer program add up to a $600 "Termlab". I'm not trying to sound like an ass, but it seems like the profit margin for TL's is huge compared to other car audio products.

I HIGHLY encourage anyone that has doubts to read their website www.spl-lab.ru and see what all they have to offer. We have access to all their products.

I own a termlab and i still want one of these meters because i never liked the interface box that comes with the termlab... too expensive to replace, stupid concept, in my opinion to have to use and not well thought through when built.

IF you ever look at the internals of an interface box.. it's not user serviceable... circuit board soldered on top of another circuit board.. come on now ...

It's funny because i didnt know the OP made this thread and i just got word about the new vid and posted the link to it on the group buy thread then i see this thread and another forum was talkin about it too.

Late to the party?

the interface box alone is $300.

The meter is $200.

They give you a carrying case! WOW!!! OMG!

I think they also charge licensing for their software, right?

SPL-Lab's software is free.

SPL-Lab's uses no interface box which drastically reduces cost.

Late to the party?

yea, lol.

As soon as i got off work, that's when i seen it available.

It's hard to keep in contact daily with a company who has a several hour difference in time than I do while at work. But i make do just fine.

Any thoughts of buying like 4-5 of these for cheap and then selling them with profit ?

I mean.. now you can buy them cheaper and after some months if someone is looking for one, you can sell him one- if the price is good he will definitely buy it from you because of the shipping time if ordered from Russia.

Anyways. I had my eye on these Meters for some time. Looks better than TL and you can't compare them with that price.

Too bad a meter is at the end of my list to buy.

Hope some reviews will be up soon.

i know what u mean. I posted this in the group buy thread just now but this is new to the US public. Once it becomes common product, WE MAY very well start stocking these in decent quantities for the US market, but at this time... little by little.

It's a monopoly, it's about damn time someone made a similar product to compete with the TL. The price of one is a freaking joke.

Yea, i'll admit, i bought one of those Hypderdynamics meters from MakeItLouder.

The one you use a multimeter then gotta calculate the pressure level based on the volt out reading.

It's a great little meter for simple things but you also gotta realize-

In competition, a pressure meter cycles in 1 sec intervals and takes an average reading of everything in 1 sec intervals.

When i use that Hyperdynamics meter, the multimeter refreshes rapidly so u can't get a realistic score when trying to measure very high pressure levels because the multimeter won't stay constant if you are peaking your install.

the only option was a termlab... well, not anymore :)

It's like a blessing from car audio heaven.

If you've ever heard me rant before, Tlab's interface box is what kills me about their setup. It's that box that gets damaged more than anything else.

People draggin it around, droppin it off tables, etc... That thing is a $300 replacement piece.

What is there to replace with the SPL-LAB setup?

IT's just the meter... direct to your computer. Or direct to a handheld viewer for those that don't wanna bring their laptop with them.

Only thing to really replace is the meter.. we all know how durable these things are.

Wouldnt it be one of the biggest ironies in Car Audio to have the tlab replaced with this meter in some sanctions to save cost on hosting shows and start paying competitors higher cash prizes or just the capability to host more shows from the average joe hosting company?

OF course it isn't as easy as that as sanctions have metering rules but still... it could happen.

It would be quite ironic...and a laugh! I love people that undercut competitors with a quality product. Its the American way!

Yah Kirill sent me this, this morning and told me too post it up so i did :)

Too bad you can understand a word that is being said in the vid tho

hope that it gets here fast :drink40: ....cause i would like to get my hands on ....

hope that it gets here fast :drink40: ....cause i would like to get my hands on ....

You might be able to get it quicker than us dude! Youre closer right? ;)

You might be able to get it quicker than us dude! Youre closer right? ;)

yp ...iam "quite" close

...but first i have to see some tests done with it before i decide :popcorn:

Did you see the latest video with the TL and the SPL Lab next to each other? The SPL Lab was only one tenth higher depending on the certain variables discussed too. Its this thread bro.

As long as it measures consistently, just adjust your SPL Lab meter, one tenth to match the TL. Boom, problem solved.

But more testing is always appreciated. :drink40: