cougarballa2k5

Install Finished Up

My Planet Audio T2250D came today, and its purdy. Got it installed and wangin :-D. These babies are pretty damn loud.

I have to upgrade my wiring for sure. I've got near 200amps of current draw through 15foot of 4 guage wire, that is chit down to 8 guage wire for another foot to the amp. Ground is all 8 guage. Big 3 hasn't been done yet. 130 amp alt.

I figure once I get all the electrical done, I can crank it a tad more, get even louder.

As it is now, its NICE. The box is not near braced enough. I'm planning a new box.

5.5 Cubes NET @ 32hz w/ 100in^2 port area and threaded rod bracing.

IMO, 30 - 35in^2 port area isn't enough when talking about the kind of power some of us are throwing at these woofers.

so wheres them pictures at?

My Planet Audio T2250D came today, and its purdy.  Got it installed and wangin :-D.  These babies are pretty damn loud. 

I have to upgrade my wiring for sure.  I've got near 200amps of current draw through 15foot of 4 guage wire, that is chit down to 8 guage wire for another foot to the amp.  Ground is all 8 guage.  Big 3 hasn't been done yet.  130 amp alt.

I figure once I get all the electrical done, I can crank it a tad more, get even louder.

As it is now, its NICE.  The box is not near braced enough.  I'm planning a new box.

5.5 Cubes NET @ 32hz w/ 100in^2 port area and threaded rod bracing.

IMO, 30 - 35in^2 port area isn't enough when talking about the kind of power some of us are throwing at these woofers.

i have a class d xennon amp 600 wrms, when i upgraded from 8 to 4 guage it made a huge difference? sounded like about TWICE the power! my bet is when you get that 'ghetto' wireing job sorted you will be shocked :o and very very happy :slayer:

35 square inches of port area per driver is a minimum recommendation for the RL-p15's.

I will make that more clear when I put up the new pages for the Premium series products.

Now.. :stfu:

Lookin' forward to hearin' what you think as the days roll on tongue2.gif

Update on my thoughts later on. Maybe some pics :-D. Poor poor windsheild

EDIT - Yeh I know its per driver, but I didn't realize you meant it as a minimum. Actually I did, I just didn't think about it :-p. Anyways, up to 500 RMS I'd say 35in^2 is fine. But I'm definately in need of more like 50in^2 per driver.

Well, my box is not structurally as sound as it should be. Its built great, but these RL-ps are a definate need for bracing. I'm going to use threaded rod in my future box.

In the low extremities (30hz and down) I get a strange humping noise, not sexual humping, but HUMP. I beleive the port is unloading something nasty due to the insufficient port area.

I've got a few buzz areas that are annoying, but easily fixed.

All in all, I love it. The setup is very musical, no nasty peaks -- if a song is meant to have loud bass, it'll have loud bass.

On certain songs (Girl Gimme That for example) my throat is tickled and my eyes try to close. When I say tickled, I mean I have coughing fits.

I know loud, I love loud, this is loud ladies and germs. Even has room for improvement.

I cannot wait to replace them with RL-s drivers.

Bring it.

Play below tuning and the sub will unload.

Unloading= no no

too much unloading= no warranty.....lol...

hehe..but glad ur liking them!

those rl-s's are going to be nasty!!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer: