hondakilla98

1995 Cadillac Eldorado Build

He's starting it today. I got my sa-10's last week. Now all i need to order, is my deka 9a31.

Where are you going to order the Deka from?

He's starting it today. I got my sa-10's last week. Now all i need to order, is my deka 9a31.

Where are you going to order the Deka from?

darrenfrancis@dbeezcaraudio.com he sells deka 9a31 blemish batteries. So they have some cosmetic defect but are funtionally fine. He's the cheapest I've found. Under $200 shipped.

Don't know if you measured it yet but, in this trunk you can go up to 38 W x 32 D x 16 H.

How do you get it in the trunk? I have a box that is 14.5x16x30 that I managed to get in the trunk once I removed the spare tire. Which is why I went 14.5x19x38 on this one. Because I think I can get it in the trunk by just removing the spare.

Don't know if you measured it yet but, in this trunk you can go up to 38 W x 32 D x 16 H.

How do you get it in the trunk? I have a box that is 14.5x16x30 that I managed to get in the trunk once I removed the spare tire. Which is why I went 14.5x19x38 on this one. Because I think I can get it in the trunk by just removing the spare.

If i remember he was working on a fleetwood. different trunk if i remember right.

The box will have charcoal carpet, black painted port and a white flush baffle that should make the SA-10's pop. I was going to go black but It was going to be so bland especially since the sa-10's just have a white sundown logo on the dustcap.

If i remember he was working on a fleetwood. different trunk if i remember right.

Definitely a different trunk. But this will fit. Worst case I'll have to take out the electric trunk latch and trim on the inside, which gives me another couple inches of room to get it through the trunk opening.

i finally got my sa-8s reconed! now i need to build my new box

i finally got my sa-8s reconed! now i need to build my new box

Good, so you'll finally have some action in your build log?

I'm still messing with the alternator. I ordered a refurb alt and I'm going to put my 240 amp guts in it and see if that works, I think the armature was bad in mine. The ac is done. It just needs charged. Hopefully I'll have my car back on the road this weekend. Right now I'm driving my friends 96 crown vic ex cop car. Which is ok, but I miss my Eldo. And It looks like I'll get my sub box and speaker rings to mount my tweets on sunday. :woot:

Edited by hondakilla98

Rebuilt the reman alt with my 240 amp kit. It tested ok at Schucks. So it'll go in tomorrow along with my new water pump belt, smaller serpentine belt and charge my ac. Then I can get started on my stereo install.

jealous of your vehicle... :fing34:

i wanted one so badly but i got too much snow where i go to school to get one.... one day :wub:

Best part is, It has 91,000 miles and I only paid $2k. I love ebay.

WOW!!!!

jealous of your vehicle... :fing34:

i wanted one so badly but i got too much snow where i go to school to get one.... one day :wub:

Best part is, It has 91,000 miles and I only paid $2k. I love ebay.

WOW!!!!

Well after repairs and maintenance, it'll be closer to $3k. But still not a bad deal. I'll have almost as much money in the system as I do the car. :drink40:

I got my car back on the road today, picked up the sub box and speaker rings. Box fits great in the trunk. I think I'll throw the sa-10's in the box and put it in the trunk to see how it looks. I'll post picks when I do.

Box looks great!!!! Waitin' for more!! :popcorn:

Well I tried mounting the subs in the box. And the flushmount cutout is too small. They fit without the gasket. But not with. So he said to bring him the box and a sub and he'll sand the opening until they fit.

On a positive note, I ordered my deka 9a31. And I think I may know why my 240 amp kit didn't work. The stator is slightly thicker so the brushes have to be shimmed up. I'll try that next week. And see if that helps.

Edited by hondakilla98

I got my 9a31 deka. It arrived at 12.9v. I put it on my trickle charger for a day and now it's sitting at 13.25v. I'll drop off the sub box on Monday to have him sand the flush mount bigger.

Sounds good man :drink40:

I didn't get any of this installed in the car. Which turns out, is a good thing. Here is the 95's replacement.

96 Cadillac eldorado etc with 81k.

516993a0.jpg

54d34f87.jpg

0a24bd56.jpg

I couldn't be happier With this car. It's got a sunroof, vogue wheels and tires, pearl white paint, and it drives like new. So hopefully soon I'll be moving forward with this car, but same build.

Love the new one and the Pearl Paint is killer

Nice pick up man :woot: I love the caddy pearl paint :wub:

beautiful car. wish i had bought my neighbor's when he offered it to me. can't wait to see what you do with this

I have an appointment at 10am to tint the windows. I think I'm gonna do the same tint I have on the other one. 30% all around. With a 5% brow on top of the windshield. Legal here is 35, but with the really light colored interior it needs to be a little darker.