So brown santa (UPS guy) dropped off a fairly heavy package today. I just want to say this thing is AMAZING. Bye bye RD Audio, HELLO SSA! Oh, and to Mark, if you're reading this sorry about getting so impatient about the build time, the wait was more than worth it! I got it installed in my 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab in a ~4 cube box tuned to 30hz. This driver is godlike compared to my two 12" RD Sonances. I couldn't be happier. :woot:

So brown santa (UPS guy) dropped off a fairly heavy package today. I just want to say this thing is AMAZING. Bye bye RD Audio, HELLO SSA! Oh, and to Mark, if you're reading this sorry about getting so impatient about the build time, the wait was more than worth it! I got it installed in my 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab in a ~4 cube box tuned to 30hz. This driver is godlike compared to my two 12" RD Sonances. I couldn't be happier. woot.gif

ttiwwopsmileys.gif

I'll post pics of the install tomorrow. Here are some pics of the sub.

Here is the XCON next to one of my old 12" RD's.

oky24x.jpg

Next to my zippo. (It's the only thing I could garb real quick for a size comparison in a pic)

243rrr9.jpg

I LOVE this dust cover. SOOO clean.

3wx0i.jpg

Schweeeeeeeeeet!

XCON FTW!

Hell yeah!!! It was a little birthday present to myself. Well, the girlfriend put up half the cash for it. Got me a keeper. :gift:

Hell yeah!!! It was a little birthday present to myself. Well, the girlfriend put up half the cash for it. Got me a keeper. gift.gif

Yes keep that woman!

fing34.gif

I love SSA Xcon dustcovers/cone. I've never been a fan of IA/Fi style dustcaps/cone. But there output is amazing. This sub is a beast but it can seriously beat 2 12's even though it is one 15

Damnit, just when I've convinced myself to go smaller ya'll make me want to go bigger. Very sexy sub.

It sounds even sexier. And to be honest, one of my friends has an 18" BTL in a ~9 cube ported box in a '99 Yukon and HELL YEAH that thing is loud... But I think the XCON sounds just better in general, and still has enough output for me to not look like a noob when he pulls up. Haha :partybanana:

Glad your happy with your purchase man, ssa never disappoints.

May I ask where in AZ you live?

I'm originally from Glendale(north Phoenix), but I go to U of A so I'm in Tucson. We should chill sometime, my first car was an '01 TJ sport w/ a 4.0 and a 5spd, I miss that Jeep a lot from time to time. I'll post some pics of the install and possibly take some videos since I don't have work after class tomorrow. I swear this is a never ending cycle, I saved all my money for three years to buy my truck, and every paycheck I get goes to rent and my truck, whether it be some sweet go-fast mods, or new electronics... I need to learn some money managing skills... LOL

RD doesn't even deserve that good of a 60 cylce death! suicide-santa.gif

fing34.gif

I'm originally from Glendale(north Phoenix), but I go to U of A so I'm in Tucson. We should chill sometime, my first car was an '01 TJ sport w/ a 4.0 and a 5spd, I miss that Jeep a lot from time to time. I'll post some pics of the install and possibly take some videos since I don't have work after class tomorrow. I swear this is a never ending cycle, I saved all my money for three years to buy my truck, and every paycheck I get goes to rent and my truck, whether it be some sweet go-fast mods, or new electronics... I need to learn some money managing skills... LOL

Yeah man I'd like to chill sometime. Hopefully in about two weeks I'll have my subs in and then I'll have something to show off :P

Congratulations for your purchase.fing34.gif

Glad you like your sub !!

But,.................keep that woman !!! She put half the money on it ? Dam... She must love you so much!!! smile.gifsmile.gif

So brown santa (UPS guy) dropped off a fairly heavy package today. I just want to say this thing is AMAZING. Bye bye RD Audio, HELLO SSA! Oh, and to Mark, if you're reading this sorry about getting so impatient about the build time, the wait was more than worth it! I got it installed in my 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab in a ~4 cube box tuned to 30hz. This driver is godlike compared to my two 12" RD Sonances. I couldn't be happier. :woot:

Again, very sorry about the wait, it happens some times... it is allways worth the wait though :)

I'd love to hear it next time your up in Glendale, you are practically a neighbor

No apology needed Mark. I really must say the wait was worth it, and I do understand the build house was backed up. I'll definitely let you know when I'll be heading up to Glendale soon, and I'll make sure to bring my friend with the BTL. Oh, and I don't think it's you that wants to hear the 15... I think it's me that wants to hear the two 18's... Haha

Really happy you like it. Staggering is the upgrade. ;)

exciting! need to get some pics of the the install :)

az a little hot spot for ssa :)

haha, I wonder how that happened..

haha, I wonder how that happened..

good question... us killing peoples ear drums at the few shows we went too

who knows :)

16 more days ill be back in az for 4 months woot!