Sign in to follow this  
Big dave

need help

i have two 3000d every time i try and turn up vol one of the two go into protect its not always the same one . they are running 1ohm each i am also running 3 lifeline batteries 1 d3100 and 1 stinger 1700 225amp alt voltage drops to around 12.6 any help would be great i do compete would be nice to be able to keep it playin for good numbers

i have two 3000d every time i try and turn up vol one of the two go into protect its not always the same one . they are running 1ohm each i am also running 3 lifeline batteries 1 d3100 and 1 stinger 1700 225amp alt voltage drops to around 12.6 any help would be great i do compete would be nice to be able to keep it playin for good numbers

has this been happpening since day one of your install?

this has happened with every install that i have used these amps on . i have tryed a couple of different was to set the gains but i am open to sugestons

this has happened with every install that i have used these amps on . i have tryed a couple of different was to set the gains but i am open to sugestons

Has the same head unit been installed in every install ...i would suggest to check remote voltage .

Check the coils of the subs, see if one is low or open.

ive changed subs and ive changed head units both hu have been alpine

How did you set your gain?

X2

How did you set you're gains?

With a Oscope, a DMM or by ear?

i have used DMM and by ear i also have a term lab we watch the ocilscope part on

You do have a relay on the remote wire right? Head units remote will not supply enough current for these.

Are you measuring voltage using your vehicle's voltmeter, or a DMM at the amp?

no i dont have a relay on them never herd of that how does that work

Hook up a power and ground to it, plus the remote wire from the head unit. The one output is the remote to your amps. The relay adds available power to the remote line. Most remote lines on head units only put out 500 mA or something, and some big amps need a few hundred mA to get started. If you have too many amplifiers or other electronics hooked to the remote, it won't have enough power to turn them all on. But a relay steps up available amperage to something like 5-10 amps if I'm not mistaken. If you go to radio shack or even a car audio place and ask for a 12v relay they'll give you one and the wiring diagram. As far as I now Bosch is the most common manufacturer. Web search that and you'll learn about it.

i jumped power straight from rear batt just to test still have same problem

Sign in to follow this