Sign in to follow this  
hatrix

Help me find the best compenents for my build....

Ok, So.

I'm going to be getting a 1989 Jeep Cherokee sport soon here, and plan to do a decent build with it. One that I can afford of course. I don't really have a set budget, but I'm just looking for some certain things, and will amass the money over this summer.

First of all, I already have a sub for the car, which is currently in my room. 18" Fi SDD (copper coil only) w/ a 9cuft box @32hz. Sounds fantastic off of my receiver in my room. I'm sure it will sound even more fantastic inside of a vehicle with the right amp. I also already have a head unit I got from a friend for cheap, a Pioneer DEH-2100IB.

Right now I was looking at the Sundown SAZ-1000D. Seems to be a perfect amp for an SSD, although I'm not sure if my alternator will be enough for it. Anyone else agree, or maybe have one for their sub ? Also, I know the terminals on the amp are for 4 gauge wire, but maybe I could fit 1/0 in the terminals ? Wouldn't hurt to have the wire, but maybe it's overkill for the wattage I'll be running ?

KnuKonceptz seems to be what a lot of people around here buy from, and there 1/0 gauge amp kit isn't too expensive: 1/0 Gauge Wire

Maybe I should just stick the the 4 gauge they have though ? I'm unsure.

I'm also looking for some good component speakers for the doors. The doors are 5.25" with a 3" depth. I'm looking for SQ with my fronts. I don't really need strong bass out of them, as my sub will handle that fine, and as of right now I only want one pair as I won't replace the back doors right away.

And last, I might want to pick up some dampening. I'm not sure what most people use, but whatever is really this best for the price sounds great to me.

Any recommendations and help are appreciated :D

It's down to you going and listening to speakers w/a CD/song you're familiar with. My ears aren't your ears, so what sounds good to me, might not to you and vise versa.

What's your budget ????

Some SQ brands, Morel, Dynaudio, Focal, Rainbow... There's a lot out there, to many to list.

Edited by smgreen20

Do yourself a favor and go to as many stereo shops and listen to as many different speaker setups as possible. Your ears will be the decision maker. Then get yourself a budget for the front stage. Don't worry about the rears as you will not need them in a properly set up front stage.

KnuKonceptz kit should be fine. May want to think about fused distribution an ground distribution blocks.

Email Don at http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi for deadening products. Tell him your goals and he will set you up with what you need.

Your stock alt should be fine on the SAZ-1000D.

Do yourself a favor and go to as many stereo shops and listen to as many different speaker setups as possible. Your ears will be the decision maker. Then get yourself a budget for the front stage. Don't worry about the rears as you will not need them in a properly set up front stage.

KnuKonceptz kit should be fine. May want to think about fused distribution an ground distribution blocks.

Email Don at http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi for deadening products. Tell him your goals and he will set you up with what you need.

X2

All good advice right there. What sounds good to us might not sound good to you and vice versa. If you don't have many shops near you, try to go to a few shows and listen to the cars there that are similar to yours to get an idea of what works in your vehicle and what doesn't. Without a budget it's hard to recommend anything for you. Give us a budget and we can offer more help.

How expensive can the deadening be ? Just curious.

And I will try too. I'll visit some shops I know of.

Depends on your goals. If your looking for altra quiet "SQ" system then it can get up in price.

But the best advice is to read through the SDS site and if any questions ask Don. He has done extensive testing and will know what works the best.

Depends on your goals. If your looking for altra quiet "SQ" system then it can get up in price.

But the best advice is to read through the SDS site and if any questions ask Don. He has done extensive testing and will know what works the best.

I did. I emailed him about what I'm doing and trying to get his input on it. Hopefully he can help me out. I don't have a ton to spend on deadening.

And I know I haven't specified a budget, but that's because I just don't really have one at the moment. I'm just using extra money I'm getting for this.

I'm most likely going to buy the SAZ-1000D this month while it's still $275.