Sign in to follow this  
2fresh4life

2 15" BTLs at 2ohms or 1ohm

I am a noob set on getting 2 15" BTLs but I don't know if i should run them at 2 ohms or 1 ohm. The problem is that there are not many amps that support 2000 watts unless at 1 ohm. If there are any suggestions for an amp with adjustable subsonic filter, that can run @ 32hz+, for 2 15" 2000 watt rms subs, PLEASe let me know. Thanks

I am a noob set on getting 2 15" BTLs but I don't know if i should run them at 2 ohms or 1 ohm. The problem is that there are not many amps that support 2000 watts unless at 1 ohm. If there are any suggestions for an amp with adjustable subsonic filter, that can run @ 32hz+, for 2 15" 2000 watt rms subs, PLEASe let me know. Thanks

You may want to start slower and get one BTL since your asking these type of questions. You dont want to mess up some money if your still learning. Do you have a budget for amp, wires, box, electrical to support the amp(s) and so on?

will running it at 1 ohm affect the sound quality and how well the system will run overall, compared to being run at 2ohm?

No it will not, you cant be worried about sound quality with 2 BTL's and 4000 watts +. They will sound good as long as they are in there recommended enclosure :drink40:

Not only will they sound good, but they'll probably be pretty f***ing loud too :D

Hahah well being louder than 2 12" solo-barics is my goal....but are there any recommended amps for 2 15" BTLs??? Cause i need something with an adjustable subsonic filter and runs at 32hz, and supplys 2000 watts rms to each sub

Hahah well being louder than 2 12" solo-barics is my goal....but are there any recommended amps for 2 15" BTLs??? Cause i need something with an adjustable subsonic filter and runs at 32hz, and supplys 2000 watts rms to each sub

Optimus_Prime is selling a SAZ-4500d For Sale Sundown SAZ-4500D - SSA Car Audio Forum for $950. That will match up nicely.

How much will the electrical cost approximately do you guys think? What type and size of wiring do you guys suggest? If you get plenty of power cells, will you still need to replace the alternator??

How much will the electrical cost approximately do you guys think? What type and size of wiring do you guys suggest? If you get plenty of power cells, will you still need to replace the alternator??

your going to need at least 1/0..for power, ground, upgrade the big 3 in 1/0 also.

You will def. need a HO alt with running that much power.

example: even if you had ten batteries in the trunk with a stock alternator, they would not charge

Sign in to follow this