I bought a SAE-1200Dv2 and i have it hooked up... i am running two alpine type r 12s duel 4 ohm voice coils at one 1 ohm and the amp keeps shutting dow... it will play for a while and it shuts down and gos into protect.... i turn the volume down on my HU and turn it back up and t works... what could be causeing this...? any one know?

How did you set your gains? I bet if you turn the dial back a bit it stops going into protect.

i set it at bout half..... so just try turnign it down and im not using the gain remote...

[My ground is good its all sanded down and i had two alpine mrp-m 500s off the ground before this... it was fine but i guess it wouldnt hurt to check the ground again... lol thaks for the help

i set it at bout half..... so just try turnign it down and im not using the gain remote...

Yes, try going down a bit.

check ur speaker wire, ive read that that was the problem for alot of ppl. also check ur speaker terminals.

i had the EXACT same problem. i kept thinking it was different things because everytime i did some thing like big 3, better ground it lastet longer without protect but still ended up going. i talked to jacob and FIXED it.

the amp is entering clipping protection.

1. if your bass boost was all up like mine, turn it to half way.

2. set your gain slightly less than half. like 3/8.

believe me you will still see nasty power with the settings like that and at HIGH volumes it will not cut off. it will still push my cvr 15s enough for my coils to smell with settings like that lol

Turn the bass boost off...

EDIT:SPLguy, why would you want nasty power?

That just means clipping=shitty SQ

Edited by kirill007

Turn the bass boost off...

EDIT:SPLguy, why would you want nasty power?

That just means clipping=shitty SQ

thats what i use my gain nob for, 6db bass boost is ok