Sign in to follow this  
joe_prince

Whats a good car security system?

I need a system that will protect my car from thieves. Any ideas for a good alarm?

Viper security with dual shock, internal proximity, tilt sensor, 2way radio, internal battery, dual external siren, multi internal siren.. bulletproof laminate sheeting.

need i say more?

just remember to not be suprised when problems occur, got myself Viper 5901 and one day car would not open for 15min :P one day I would drive home for 30min with armed alarm cuz the remote I had with me all of a sudden the unlock button decided to stop working, then a day later it was back to ok, gl :D

i'd go 5702V to save money.. If u like full color remotes, get the 5902v but it's $200 more.

Also, u gotta purchase all sensors and extra alarms and bulletproof laminate sheeting separate.

My security system is well over $1,000, it's around $1,400.

just remember to not be suprised when problems occur, got myself Viper 5901 and one day car would not open for 15min :P one day I would drive home for 30min with armed alarm cuz the remote I had with me all of a sudden the unlock button decided to stop working, then a day later it was back to ok, gl :D

How does the viper 5901 work for you?

So if i got the viper 5901 what else would i need?

where do i buy bulletproof laminate sheeting?

I need a system that will protect my car from thieves. Any ideas for a good alarm?

a garage and vigilance is a good start. Additionally, Viper, Python (DEI companies), Alpine if they still do security systems. I used to love their stuff. CompuStar as well (I use their flagship model in my current car.)

Here's some ideas for you, This is the system I set up in my previous Jeep. I don't really like to share details of my current security setups.

security-color.jpg

My 5901 is pretty good, I love the starter in the winter, but I often forget to set it on before exiting the vehicle, and then I'm mad I gotta go out in the freezing temp. to start the car :)

Other than few hickups with the LED remote everything is great for past year. I learned that the regular LC3 remote is more trustworthy to use and the led one is my buckup remote.

My car is lowered a lot, I can't get my floor jack under the car, I have to get on litlle 2x8s I cut to put floor jack under car, racing jack would fit no problem, so there's one problem thieves might have :)