wutang512

Liquid Deadener On Plastic door panels?

Has anybody tried putting anytype of liquid deadener on the inside of their plastic door panels?

Ive been looking at edead v5 ctherm and second skin spectrum/sludge and was wondering if anybody had any good results without having to put any type of sound deadening tiles before hand.

Edited by wutang512

Meh, I put some Cascade spray on mine. I dont think it really did anything.

Some of the raamaudio Ensolite is a more effective way to stop the buzz between the door and the panel. It's cheap and it goes a long way.

Meh, I put some Cascade spray on mine. I dont think it really did anything.

Some of the raamaudio Ensolite is a more effective way to stop the buzz between the door and the panel. It's cheap and it goes a long way.

that stuff looks kinda light. how much you think is needed for some door panels since its bought by the yard?

all you want to do it add a layer between the door and panel. If it cant hit the door it has nothing to vibrate against. It is not used in place of deadener on metal, but as a layer between that and the trim.

It comes 36" x 36" so a quantity of 2 would be pleanty for 2 doors.

I have also used Dynamat Dynaliner on my roof, it is MUCH thicker. Be carefull going to thick on the doors, mine were tight as hell to get back on between the deadener and the ensolite.

NO. Neither. Plastic and vibro-acoustic emission is not your concern. If rubbing is ANY CCF will work, you surely don't need to pay for Ensolite.

Describe your problem and goal and we can help with a solution.

Ok my problem is pretty soon ill be buying some 8 inch midbasses. Even with my 6.5 speakers i still get rattle from the door panels even though i used some deadener on the inside and outside of the metal door frame.

No i do not have any of the holes sealed in the door.

Check out my build log and look at my doors and how i went about installing sound deadener. I recommend you to do that! it was not expensive either.

Ok my problem is pretty soon ill be buying some 8 inch midbasses. Even with my 6.5 speakers i still get rattle from the door panels even though i used some deadener on the inside and outside of the metal door frame.

Deadener is NOT the way to fix rattles. Foam is. First you need to find what is rattling.

Liquid damper is rather stupid in general, scientific tests will prove that all day long.

Deadener is NOT the way to fix rattles. Foam is. First you need to find what is rattling.

Liquid damper is rather stupid in general, scientific tests will prove that all day long.

ok so ill get some of that ccf and then glue it to my plastic door panel and i should be straight.

ok so ill get some of that ccf and then glue it to my plastic door panel and i should be straight.

Yes and that is what I said in the beginning. No?

Yes and that is what I said in the beginning. No?

my bad i didnt know they were the same product just named 2 different things

well where's a good place to purschase them?

Edited by wutang512

Contact Don at SDS or Rick at Raamaudio.

Don seems to be the overwhelming favorite around here and it seems to be for good reason tho i have no personal experience with him I would use him myself if i was in the market. :drink40:

all you want to do it add a layer between the door and panel. If it cant hit the door it has nothing to vibrate against. It is not used in place of deadener on metal, but as a layer between that and the trim.

It comes 36" x 36" so a quantity of 2 would be pleanty for 2 doors.

I have also used Dynamat Dynaliner on my roof, it is MUCH thicker. Be carefull going to thick on the doors, mine were tight as hell to get back on between the deadener and the ensolite.

x2 on the doors. My door panels are super tight with a layer of deadener and a layer of ensolite. But, no rattles at all.