Sign in to follow this  
acealex5689

Im ordering a sub

Im ordering a subwoofer but first I would like to know the real RMS not peak power i see 3 different size subs with Rms: 2000W * | 2000W * * stands for not legit?

How about you tell us what subwoofer your talking about..., i'm assuming the BTL since you posted 2000watts, but only a guess

BTL=2000w

BL=1000w

Q=1000w

SSD=800w

IB=550w

These numbers change depending on if you add cooling, heat ring, etc. But it's safe to say you run the above numbers to each sub.

What type of enclosure do you have? Or getting built. Size of enclosure increases/decreases power handling as well ;)

Edited by stefanhinote

It's perfectly legitimate. You're looking at the 12", 15" and 18" size BTL's. All three sizes handle 2k RMS, the seperation is for the specs between Dual 1 and Dual 2 ohm voice coils. Size has nothing to do with power handling.

AND when you do place your order.....

WELCOME to the Fi family!

Im ordering a subwoofer but first I would like to know the real RMS not peak power i see 3 different size subs with Rms: 2000W * | 2000W * * stands for not legit?

your asking about the BTL... then no,... the 2000 watts is RMS for the sub...... thats right its the same RMS for the 12 the 15 and the 18...

there is no peak power for the BTL. as it is user and install depentant.

Sorry for not enough information. Im going to purchase 1 18" Fi BTL

Then you can run 2000wrms, they do not list peak power because it's a stupid spec ;) example: engine makes 300hp at 5000rpm (redline), but for a very short period of time it can make 350hp at 7000rpm and then it BLOWS and makes 0hp forever...

:)

peak power handling is all hype, and should never be used to determine what sub you're buying.

Sign in to follow this