shadowm891

which subs to go with need help

Hello everyone got a problem here i am looking to go with a 1 sub setup not sure if i should go with a 12 or maybe a 15 and which one i should go with. Now i got some ideal's down in my head and need your option on which be best for what i want. Now the sub will be going in a 2001 kia sportage ex which is a small size suv so i have enough room to build be a box for either 1 15 or 1 12 and it will be going into a vented box just so you know. What i am looking for in a sub is i want a lot of spl but to i want good sq to. My options are either 1 kicker L5 / 1 Alpine type r / 1 AQ SDC2.5 / 1 re audio Sex Series. As fare as tuning goes i am not sure how low i should tune my box if this helps any i listen to more rap and hip hop.

Edited by john k

"One 15 inch driver, ported enclosure, a lot of spl but to i want good sq to."

Alpine Type R hands down.

Kicker is not for SQ.

No comment on the RE or SDC2.5.

15 inch HDC3 would be better then all your choices though..

Here my old set up, included..

Yeah i was wanting the hdc3 but i got a small budget to work with and my amp is a kicker zx750.1

"One 15 inch driver, ported enclosure, a lot of spl but to i want good sq to."

Alpine Type R hands down.

Kicker is not for SQ.

No comment on the RE or SDC2.5.

15 inch HDC3 would be better then all your choices though..

Here my old set up, included..

If the HDC3 is a better woofer, it will be better regardless of you only feeding it half of its rated RMS

But, if you can't spare the cash, then its not even an option and you should probably go with the Alpine

the L5 sucks for SQ, I used to have one, even sealed it sucked, go with the Alpine Type R (or an ICON)

(the prevous statement may not be tru or accurate to the best of my ability, it is only my suggestion)

you think i should go with 1 12 or 1 15.

the L5 sucks for SQ, I used to have one, even sealed it sucked, go with the Alpine Type R (or an ICON)

(the prevous statement may not be tru or accurate to the best of my ability, it is only my suggestion)

the 15 inch type r i believe costs more than the 18 inch hdc3 which is what im running now its only 320 shipped the 15 is probably like 300 shipped they get very loud and sound great theyre rated at 1k rms so 750 would be ok or incriminator has a great line up and my buddy sells them he has excellent prices you could look into their lethal injection series which would be great and he can probably do way under 300 for one shipped

L7>type r in spl and sq

i'll take a lethal injection over both tho

Edited by eggyhustles

What's your budget fir the sub alone? Also if your wanting to get loud you mine as well get the 15 and put it in a ported box, the tuning depends on your music taste. Make sure you get a sub that can be wired to 2 ohms also because that's the ohm load your amp puts out power at.

i am looking to spend no more then 200 on a sub i listen to rap and hip hop the most

What's your budget fir the sub alone? Also if your wanting to get loud you mine as well get the 15 and put it in a ported box, the tuning depends on your music taste. Make sure you get a sub that can be wired to 2 ohms also because that's the ohm load your amp puts out power at.