Ok guys I thought my sae-1200 v.2 was screwed when I wasn't getting any output from it at all and it was randomly going into protect mode. I decided to check my connections and behold they were really loose, including the speaker wire on the verge of falling out of the terminal on the back of my box. I redid both of my speaker terminals inside the box and now my amp is not going into protect mode whatsoever. But when I turn the volume up to a decent level it just cuts out but it isn't going into protect mode. When i turn the volume down it comes back on. So I'm almost positive it's low voltage. I'm going to be completing the big three and putting an optima yellow top up front and I'm hoping this will solve my voltage issues. All the gains are set properly on the amp and there is minimal to no clipping going on. This is in a 09 ford escape with stock alt and stock batt, with 1/3 big three done. Thanks for suggestions in advance guys,

Nick

have you checked your grounds and all of your connectors with a DMM? Do this before all of that.

have you checked your grounds and all of your connectors with a DMM? Do this before all of that.

I have a 150 amp fuse up front in a Knukonceptz fuse holder, could that 150 amp cause any problems?

Edited by nick9892

no the fuse isn't your issue a fuse doesn't limit current it only breaks the circuit once the max current (150amps) is reached!

as for your issue don't be so quick to say low voltage. i would think other wise and if memory serves the 1200d V1 (i know you have a v2) had this issue hell i had it with my v1 although at the time i thought it was my h/u skipping ;) lol

but to double check low voltage simple get a buddy in the back with a dmm touch the input terminals the power and ground and turn it up till it cuts out and have your friend record to remember the lowest voltage drop and then do it again

then report back here for further help! or with rather with your findings!

things to check:

*amplifier ground to bare chassis metal

*amplifier gain setting (too high will cause the amp to clip. severe clipping can send an amp into protection)

*voltage rails sagging (check with a DMM during use) due to lack of current from inadequate cahrging system.

*voltage drop from power and ground wire being too small for the current load + run length

*amplifier presented with too low of an ohm load by the connected drivers, causing amp to go into protect from over-current