Sign in to follow this  
pimppistol

what size 4 channel do i need?

i have a par of rockford powers in the front, 75 watt rms, and a pair of alpine typse s in the back, 85 watt rms. about what size amp do i need?

Whatever amp that fits your power needs :peepwall:

Probably 50-100 watts per channel.

Sax 100.4 would be a good choice :)

Get the biggest one you can with your budget. The ability to lower gains settings is a good thing.

A quality 4 channel in the range of 75-100 watts per channel. Headroom is always a plus!

A budget would be beneficial as we could recommend something within your budget!

around 200. a guy offered an american bass amp, but im not sure i can afford it right now. im more on the looking around phase. id love to buy something from someone here, but not this second. i get paid thursday, so maybe after then.

also, something inportant i need to ask... which might lengthen the time till i get the 4 channel amp... theres an alpine amp, 1000w at a pawn shop, its digital, not sure what type, but its mono block. he said its a500$ amp, and hes selling for 275. and if i traded my amp i have now thats powering my sub, hed sell it for 175. cuz i have a 600w 2 channel amp for the sub. but shouild i do that? im planning on a 10" Fi BL sometime this summer. you think that amp would push it? orshould i sell the sub i have now and the amp, and buy a better amp?