inkfx

22s on 2008 Grand Marquis

Just had these 22" wheels installed this morning. My selection was a bit limited but I got a really good deal on them. Overall, I'm happy with my purchase. Nice upgrade from the stock wheels. :) Pictures are from my iPhone but they came out alright.

2d1mst1.jpg

1zx9vep.jpg

14vsjgx.jpg

Edited by inkfx

You going to upgrade the brakes?

This.

Yes, definitely. I for sure noticed it's not as easy to stop. I can still drive it safely without a problem. I just keep my distance from people on the road.

Yes, definitely. I for sure noticed it's not as easy to stop. I can still drive it safely without a problem. I just keep my distance from people on the road.

:thanx:

:thanx:

Was going to get some price quotes on that tomorrow if shops are open. Gonna have to wait a few weeks, though. My money tree isn't growing fast enough.

i did my rotors and pads when i had 20's it was perfect for 20's and 22's stopping the 24's was a big harder... i never noticed as i drive huge trucks for a living.. up to 130K lbs... so i slow sooner out of nature... but when other people would drive it they would note its change.

looks good, i like it... that remote start is next?

braking? Who needs to be safe??!! haha

Those wheels hurt your acceleration and probably offset your speedo, get a programmer to calibrate your speedo and gain some power to at least get your car back to stock acceleration levels :)

Those wheels look good man :)

Yeah the remote start is coming soon. This place right next to the wheel shop has really good prices installed. Figured that's the best way to go since it will be warrantied.

Acceleration suffered a bit but nothing I'm going to lose sleep over. Didn't buy this car to go racing around :P

Thanks for the compliments. :drink40: :drink40:

Nice upgrade to the Marquis :drink40:

Nice upgrade to the Marquis :drink40:

Thanks. :fing34:

they look clean man

they dont rub or any of that ?

Nah, the 22s fit on there just fine with a bit of room to spare. I was going to put 4s on it but I got a good deal on these 22s.

AWESOME Ride !!! Sharp lookin shoes !!!

AWESOME Ride !!! Sharp lookin shoes !!!

Appreciate it. :drink40:

Looks clean. not over-done. nice

Thanks man.

Anyone have any tips I should know in maintaining these? This is my first set of big wheels so I'm sure I don't know everything.

I'm not a fan of the huge wheels these days, but that car looks good. It's a simple design and clean, so it works.

Thanks man.

Anyone have any tips I should know in maintaining these? This is my first set of big wheels so I'm sure I don't know everything.

Wax them every month or so and all you have to do is clean them with normal car wash. Make sure you put several coats on the first time though. Brake dust and road grim will eat through 1 or 2 coats in no time.

Now update your avatar :)

awww dani is gonna be sad if you update your pic.... she was all jazzed out... " i took that pic i took that pic" yes sweety i know.

tirefryer - Thanks, I'll do that.

jon - Haha, I don't have a good camera anyway so the current pic will stay for a while. She can take more pics when we build a new box for that Navigator. :drink40: