I just ordered two 12" aa havoc's which are 1250 rms. What would be a good amp to run on these. I was looking at sundowns but didnt know if i shoudl wait for there new 2500 watt amp to come out or what

Congratulations on an excellent purchase. Anything that can put out a clean 2500+ watts would be great. The new Sundown 2500 would be a perfect fit. A used or referbished SAZ 3000 would be a good match as well and there's a few for sale if you look around. The possibilities are really only limited by your budget and also make sure your electrical can hold up to the demands of that much power as well. Everyone will be mentioning their own favorite brands, you'll get lots of good recommendations.

Thanks for the reply, im hoping ill get a couple suggestions. Im upgrading the electrical with the big 3 upgrade and a new battery just have to find a good one first.

There's no doubt the Big 3 is a necessity. You should very seriously have at least a couple of good size batteries for that kind of power and be thinking about saving for a HO alt. 2000 watts can be ran on a couple of good batteries, the big 3 and the factory alt as long as you're watching your voltage and not driving the amp into low voltage situations. IMO once you go well above 2000 then a HO alt and a good bank of batteries should be considered standard issue to keep from having any issues. Once the voltage begins to drop the current draw goes up quite a bit and so does the temp of the amplifier. That's not to say you have to have it all in place before you connect the first wire, but it should definitely be on the shopping list, also consider you may get all the output you're looking for without running the subs to full power.

I should have mentioned it before for better suggestion results, what are the goals of your setup, what vehicle is it going into, what (if any) equipment do you already have?

crescendo 3k for 550 shipped brand new right now with warranty.

Oh yeah, there's a good recommendation. Thanks phi, forgot about that one.

Aq 2200 390shipped 2200rms but its a budget amp and should make some noise even though the subs will be underrated. Varies on enclouse also if its going to be built to max size or minimum size. Bigger enclouse means lesser power you'll have to throw at it to get AWESOME output!

I wouldn't say its a budget amp, but its a good recommendation.

yeah definately forgot about an alternator, ill be getting a 220 which i think should be good enough for that. The enclosure its going in is a bassforms box. Its a quad cab dodge and this boxhttp://www.bassforms.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=BF212RAM

I know its a little bit smaller then i would like but im looking for more sq now then anything i know itll probably still get louder then what i have now (which is 2 kicker cvr and a cheap 1200 watt amp)

all doors and back wall of the truck are dynamatted and ill probably put osme type of deadner under the carpet as well as upgrade door speakers with an amp but that will be after i buy my sub amp

Add polyfill to that box. its too small and way over-priced, IMO.

yeah i need to get some, i can get some from walmart right? and i definately didnt pay anywhere near that price tag for it.

but i think with the right amp and door speakers and everything ill have a nice sounding setup

Were you the one that asked about Fi subs in this enclosure? This wasn't the first time someone said they were going to run this box.

great amp will put out 3000 clean power at 1 ohm

Oh yeah, there's a good recommendation. Thanks phi, forgot about that one.

yes sir sorry i have so many questions i just want a good setup and had hear havocs were super qs so i placed my order today

yeah, then the havocs wouldn't be too bad in that space. They actually don't need any room at all sealed.

did they mention they are beautiful subs with a solid cone................ :captain: