MX_racer

Is 600 watts enough for RL-p 12"

Hello everyone. New to the forum tonight.

I spent most of today searching the net for a new 12" sub, since I have been out of the car stereo world for about 5 years. Wow, times have changed. Amps are huge and speakers are taking more watts than I can remember.

I have an Audi A6 Avant (wagon), and I want to find the best 12" sub that I can run with my Cadence A5+HC 600x1 2 ohm amp. I listen to more rock than anything, but I also like trance and rap and country and etc... So, is it safe to assume the RL-p is one of the best choices available? How soon will the new sub be out? Any idea how much it will be? What is the best price for the RL-p?

Finally, let me know if you think 600 watts is enough for this sub. If so, what is the optimal size sealed enclosure.

Thanks,

MX

Greetings

Sound splinter subs are amazing and would definetly suit your needs.

The subs are out right now.

The only place you can get them new would be directly from Sound Splinter.

Or you could search for a used one.

600W will work just great.

1.5 ported to 34HZ is the optimum enclosure i believe

Great choice on the sub, I love mine more and more everyday. I run 1200 watts to mine daily, but I have the gains set accordingly. Give her a good couple weeks to really break in and you won't be disappointed. For a sealed enclosure, IMO 1.25-1.3 is just right. Good low end extension, and SQ like no tomorrow. 600 watts should do fine with your setup.

welcome to the forum....

600wrms would indeed be perfect....especially in 1.25-1.35 NET sealed...i run mine in 1.25 off 750wrms...i am more amazed by it everytime i listen...

there ya go, $235 for a single rl-p 12, plus shipping of course.

u can email mike, for the fastest response, at mike@soundsplinter.com or wait for his to pop in here...

u won't be disappointed! great driver at a great price with even better then great customer service!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

welcome MX, you found a great site

anyway, everything that has been said above is very true, the RL-p is a very capapable driver, with the specs being what they are, and the motor being so strong I would say place it in a ported box and get the most out of that amplifer

the RL-p will make you happy I promise,

If you port it, I would stay closer to 2 cubes net.

:fing34: