ogjordan

xcon impedence question

So I just had my xcon delivered. I know coils aren't always perfectly spot on and impedence changes , but both of my coils are reading 1.5 ohms. It's a dual 1. Is this normal?

i think each coil is supposed to be .75 ohms fors the D1 and 1.4 for the D2

No that is not right.

Check the batteries on your DMM and touch both leads together and zero them out. I bet that is the problem.

Reset the DMM, double check the coils. If it still reads off, we will have a D1 built up right away, and send you shipping info for the D2 if it is.

Well I replaced the batteries in my meter, read the same (1.5) but I checked a Peerless 8" (also new) and it is reading wrong also. I then put the lead from my DMM in the spring terminal of the Xcon then onto where the lead is connected and it read .7. So I'm 100% sure my meter is broken, not sure when or why but it seems to be. I'll go pick a new meter up in the next few days and make sure, but given the way it's adding .7-1 ohm to everything I'm sure the sub is fine. I apologize for any problem this post caused, I didn't even think to check the meter as it zeros out fine. Please feel free to delete this topic.

P.S. I left a message this afternoon my name is Jeff Hurt. Obviously no need to return that call.

Go buy yourself a radioshack one for like 20$

Well I replaced the batteries in my meter, read the same (1.5) but I checked a Peerless 8" (also new) and it is reading wrong also. I then put the lead from my DMM in the spring terminal of the Xcon then onto where the lead is connected and it read .7. So I'm 100% sure my meter is broken, not sure when or why but it seems to be. I'll go pick a new meter up in the next few days and make sure, but given the way it's adding .7-1 ohm to everything I'm sure the sub is fine. I apologize for any problem this post caused, I didn't even think to check the meter as it zeros out fine. Please feel free to delete this topic.

P.S. I left a message this afternoon my name is Jeff Hurt. Obviously no need to return that call.

No worries, glad you found the source. :)

16 at walmart

:drink40:

Just remember, you can't measure impedance with any multimeter on it's own..... Only DCR, which is NOT impedance....