tccoble

Has anyone ever seen a port like this?

I was wondering if anyone has ever seen a port like this? Is it even possible for this thing to opperate properly, it still sounds great, but I'm starting to think that its just the DCON making it sound good. :puzzled:

28452_1498416417542_1148088795_1446271_4424784_n.jpg

How does it work? O_O

Mtx makes their preloaded enclosures using ports like this. A port is a port as long as it has enough port Area and tuning frequency typically doesn't mAtter if it's square, triangle, flared etc. As long As you have those two you're okay. But I think it's just a thing with Mtx besides them I know of no one else who does their ports like that. Nor do I know how to calcualte it

Any other pictures of box/port?

Where did all these other Louisiana people come from? lol

Any other pictures of box/port?

Where did all these other Louisiana people come from? lol

I've been here since 1978, lol.

28452_1498416377541_1148088795_1446270_6226550_n.jpg

the port opening would be at the top in this pic

Edited by tccoble

Mtx makes their preloaded enclosures using ports like this. A port is a port as long as it has enough port Area and tuning frequency typically doesn't mAtter if it's square, triangle, flared etc. As long As you have those two you're okay. But I think it's just a thing with Mtx besides them I know of no one else who does their ports like that. Nor do I know how to calcualte it

Yeah, but a trianglular port with a rectangular opening???

Shouldn't matter.. ports are tuned by area and length. So the cross sectional area of the triangle should be equal to the area of the rectangular opening. Do the numbers. Let us know if this is right..

Shouldn't matter.. ports are tuned by area and length. So the cross sectional area of the triangle should be equal to the area of the rectangular opening. Do the numbers. Let us know if this is right..

I'll take some mesurements this afternoon when I wake up, I'll post whatever I find out, but it sure does still sound good.