slim2fattycake

new theater sub build and more

What do you guys think I should have as a finish on the box?
Maybe something to match the furniture in your room?Gloss black?

I may do this. However, I will probably listen to the box and finish the tweaking first before I put the effort into gloss black.

Bummer on the cuts. What were you originally shooting for? Thought about removing some port area to compensate to lower the tuning further? It will hurt you at high levels but not at lower.

I was shooting for 11 cubes tuned to 17hz. Lost .5 cubes and now only have length for 19hz. But maybe the difference won't be enough to the ear. I really don't want to lose port area. :P What do you think about adding the 5lbs of polyfill? I have it sitting around so I just thought of putting it to use. It should help smooth out the peakiness as one good advantage, but would there be disadvantages?

Ah, that isn't much of a difference definitely can be noticeable. You can try the poly, it won't cost you anything and could be beneficial, just don't overstuff.

5lbs shouldn't be too much for 10.5 cubes, but I'll start with 2.5lbs first and then go to 5lbs.

looks nice man...

th_Photo0352.jpg

th_Photo0351.jpg

This thing is loud. lol. I gotta brace my house. I just watched the first movie with it. Inception was the movie. There was constant bass almost all the time. And I added the 5lbs of polyfill. I'll leave it since I don't wanna take the sub out again.

Looks great!!! Any chance we can get a vid of it in action?

:fing34: :fing34: :fing34: :fing34: