Blown JL12W6

Testing my Fi Q12 on small ported box

Here's a few video clip of my Q12 on 1200 Watts rms Kenwood X1200M. Sorry for the shitty digital cam mic. The box is a shitty Bassworkx that I'll be replacing soon when I get a reasonable deal on custom ported box. Let me know what ya'll think.

th_MOV03144.jpg

th_FiQ12test.jpg

is that the box rattling or just the shitty cam mic?

I think both. The shitty cam made it worst. On the first video, it was firing inside the car, windows all up so I guess all the rattling sound got picked up by the mic.

WOW I heard the sub bottoming out a couple times.. thats very bad for the sub..like i was once a major :noob: now that i know a lil im telling you now.. lower your gains!!!

Fap fap fap..........

:)

I understand your excitement, but be careful driving that sub in that box. You may destroy it before you ever get to hear how good it truely sounds.

Thats true. The guy I asked about the custom box, insisted of using 1.75 cub ft. tuned at 38 Hz. I sent him the specs of the sub and he didn't replied back. :suicide-santa:

BTW. My electrical system is still stock. I didn't noticed any huge drop in the battery voltage when the bass hits but my amp's thermal protection light went on after a few mins of playing hard hitting bass song. Any good AMP recommendations with the price range around $200-$300? There's a used AQ2200 for sale in my area but Im not sure if it's worth buying it used for $300. :shrug:

if i was you instead of looking for another amp used that money to work on your electrical system have you atleast done the big 3?

My amp is not power hungry , it just overheats quickly, activating the thermal protection sooner than most high quality amps. The AQ2200 is more stable and will probably

take the Q12's 1.6 Ohms resistance than my kenwood. Btw. I lowered the gain to 1/4 for now. Gonna be modifying the used subwoofer box that I bought for $20, and this box is about 2 cub ft. (15"x15"x24"). I just need to verify the ports freq using RE enclosure calculator. :D

Edited by Blown JL12W6

It's probably getting hot because you have stock electrical and it's struggling. You NEED power to make power.

After tweaking my Gain settings and adjusting the bass knob, I managed to get a slight improvement of the bass output without stressing the sub. I'll do a big 3 upgrade after I replaced my old battery. Here's my latest video clip.

th_FiQ12skullshaker.jpg

Edited by Blown JL12W6

If your replacing your old bat. that would be the perfect time to do the Big3. Clean Car!

If your replacing your old bat. that would be the perfect time to do the Big3. Clean Car!

Thanks, It's just my alternator will be a pain to work on, it's in the tight area of the engine bay. :(