Sign in to follow this  
bigmikekc

ssa dcon

i got a type r 10 right now and i was thinking about getting a dcon 12 next. would the dcon be louder than my type r?

I demoed my 10" DCON to the local Alpine/RF dealer and we swapped out my DCON and enclosure for a 12" Type R and its pre-fab enclosure. The DCON was louder to the ear and played the lows with more authority. "The overall sound and output of the DCON was superior to the Type R". That was the response I got from the dealer himself.

DCON FTW!

I demoed my 10" DCON to the local Alpine/RF dealer and we swapped out my DCON and enclosure for a 12" Type R and its pre-fab enclosure. The DCON was louder to the ear and played the lows with more authority. "The overall sound and output of the DCON was superior to the Type R". That was the response I got from the dealer himself.

DCON FTW!

that's a quote for the home page. Nice recon. :woot:

DCON FTW!

I had a friend asking about subs, he mentioned the IDQ3 and Type R, but the IDQ was out of his budget. So I mentioned the Icon and Dcon, and sent him the link to this thread!

DCON FTW!

Let's not forget that the type r was a in a prefab

the dcon wouldn't be louder than the r in the proper enclosure for both subs

would sound worlds better though

Funny thing is the Alpine/RF dealer here is not into building custom enclosures. Would rather get the sale and sell the woofer in a generic enclosure. sad.gif

Actually the Type R is not a bad woofer. Just not good in a pre-fab.