Sign in to follow this  
mrbojang

How the hell do I remove my door panels?

So I just installed a LOC on my front channels and ran the RCA cable to the rear..Tried to take off the passenger door panel based off what I found on google. Didn't work out so well (Said screws were somewhere they werent, still no idea what I need to unscrew to lift the panel off..) Any tips?

Vehicle is a 2006 tahoe.

Edited by Mr. Bojangles

pics of doors?

your doors would be the best. :drink40:

I managed to remove the plastic plate behind the door handle, and the triangle cover uptop of the door...No idea what else I need to do\unscrew..

Okay here's how it goes. Your have to pull off the panel on the very top in front of the window. That should pull straight off. There are some variations but usually you have to pull the window controls up from the front and out. Then take off all the plugs. The lever that shows whether or not your doors are locked or unlocked, that pulls out too. Use a panel tool if you have one otherwise a flat head will work. There should be a 7mm or phillips head screw. Pull off the shroud around the door opening lever and I think there is a 10mm bolt. Maybe don't quote me on that. Then under the door handle there is either one or two holes and you should see a bolt in them. After that is all said and done, the whole door panel lifts straight up then out.

Pretty easy. It's easier if I had the truck right in front of me. I'm just not posisitve if theres two holes under the door handle or just one and don't remember if anything is behind the shroud over the lever.

I think its two under the handle and nothing behind the shroud.

Okay here's how it goes. Your have to pull off the panel on the very top in front of the window. That should pull straight off. There are some variations but usually you have to pull the window controls up from the front and out. Then take off all the plugs. The lever that shows whether or not your doors are locked or unlocked, that pulls out too. Use a panel tool if you have one otherwise a flat head will work. There should be a 7mm or phillips head screw. Pull off the shroud around the door opening lever and I think there is a 10mm bolt. Maybe don't quote me on that. Then under the door handle there is either one or two holes and you should see a bolt in them. After that is all said and done, the whole door panel lifts straight up then out.

Pretty easy. It's easier if I had the truck right in front of me. I'm just not posisitve if theres two holes under the door handle or just one and don't remember if anything is behind the shroud over the lever.

I think its two under the handle and nothing behind the shroud.

Thanks man! I'll have to try it out tomorrow..Running low on llight..

Yes first off start with that trim piece i would use a flat head screwdriver but be careful. After you disconnect that there should be some screws under there. There might be clips all around the door that pop into place

There aren't clips. they are more like an L type bracket lifts over the door skin all over. You have to pull the door panel straight up as far as possible then outward. If you try to pull out try to pull outwards without pulling the door panel up, you will brek all the brackets and never hold the door on right again.

There aren't clips. they are more like an L type bracket lifts over the door skin all over. You have to pull the door panel straight up as far as possible then outward. If you try to pull out try to pull outwards without pulling the door panel up, you will brek all the brackets and never hold the door on right again.

Many doors are like that, but there are also ones that use clips that connect from the door panel right to the frame of the door

Many doors are like that, but there are also ones that use clips that connect from the door panel right to the frame of the door

True That.

My friends '06 Sierra, the window control panel isn't clipped in like on older models, they were bolted to the panel from behind. IIR there was 3 screws total, but I can't remember where the 3rd was, behind the door lock switch??? 1 was behind the door handle latch panel, 1 was behind the door handle (the one used to pull the door shut). It's been about 3 yrs sense I worked on it so my memory is a bit foggy.

My friends '06 Sierra, the window control panel isn't clipped in like on older models, they were bolted to the panel from behind. IIR there was 3 screws total, but I can't remember where the 3rd was, behind the door lock switch??? 1 was behind the door handle latch panel, 1 was behind the door handle (the one used to pull the door shut). It's been about 3 yrs sense I worked on it so my memory is a bit foggy.

I've seen those before. I Forgot about that style actually. If it doesn't lift out, you'll still be able to get the door panel off, just a little more inconvenient.