imhungnurnot

How to figure out the AH rating of your battery?

Hello, I have a duralast gold under the hood, and I'm curious to know it's amp hour rating so I can figure out what else i need (alt/batteries) to power my amps. (about 3000 watts)

if it is your starting battery i next include it in my calcs lol! i just say what i need 100ah min well i will get battery(ies) to back that up.

here are some video tutorials i used when figuring out required ah of my system (5krms setup)

for starter i am sure you have done the big 3 already but here you go just incase

as for ah calc check out this video and tell me what you think of it!

also here is a cool alt one i found

if it is your starting battery i next include it in my calcs lol! i just say what i need 100ah min well i will get battery(ies) to back that up.

? Did you mean you never include the starting battery in your calculations?

Lol spelling fail for me lol sorry man but yes i do not include my starting battery in my calc. Why just because I assume the starting battery is all used and setup for the cars daily day to day usage and at least in my case that battery is really small and you wouldn't want to run anything off of it but instead just get a bank that can support your car audio needs

So did those links help you at all to better understand how much ah you will need? If so how much do you need another way to calc ah is take the sum of the required fusing and divide by 2 so if I have Single amp that has a 200 amp fusing my required ah is 100 for example but if you play with car on then that number will decrease so that way isn't the best but it gives you a ball park figure of what you are shooting for

So did those links help you at all to better understand how much ah you will need? If so how much do you need another way to calc ah is take the sum of the required fusing and divide by 2 so if I have Single amp that has a 200 amp fusing my required ah is 100 for example but if you play with car on then that number will decrease so that way isn't the best but it gives you a ball park figure of what you are shooting for

Actually, I already saw those videos. They are very helpful. I'm calculating how many AH's from my batteries I'll need along with how big of an alternator I need to get. Only problem is that I only have room for one extra battery. I bought a Deka Intimidator 100 AH battery for this purpose, and I just wanted to know how many AH's can i account for with my battery under the hood that has a reserve capacity of 115 min. I read up a little more, and a general rule is to divide the reserve capacity by 2 and this is the approximate AH rating of the battery. So I figure that 50 AH is a conservative AH rating for my 115 min. reserve capacity battery. So now I have 150 AH just in batteries, and I'll probably get a 200 amp alternator. This, along with the big three, will be my electrical system for 3 kW

O you should be all set to go I will be running my 5k off of 200ah and 220alt keep in mind I will need more ah as that setup was supporting my previous 4k setup with no issue at all

O you should be all set to go I will be running my 5k off of 200ah and 220alt keep in mind I will need more ah as that setup was supporting my previous 4k setup with no issue at all

Looks good!! :drink40:

Thank you and good luck with yours I think you got an excellent start let us know how it works out for you and how your system holds the voltage