Sign in to follow this  
SAMZ

what to buy first?!?

So i really am stumped, i dont know how to start my install. I am putting a 15" Fi BTL in my 06 4Runner. For an amp im deciding between an audioque 2200D or an Sundown 1500D, which would be more suited for my car, its battery is 12.8v and the alt puts out a wopping 75. I assume il need to prob get better electrical, i will do the big 3 in 0ga but i dont know if itll help. So basicly i dont know where to start, should i buy subs first or amp or both, Or even wire, i assume i need 0ga any other kinds?

So basicly to say the least i have no idea where i should start with this amazing install ha

Thanks

Sam

What is the batteries voltage when the truck is on?

I would do alt, big 3, and batteries first.

look for deals on everything, if you come across a good battery in the for sale section, get it, or if its an amp, etc...

it jus said in the manual,

Fully Chargered-12.8

Half Charged-12.5

And i dont have a volt meter to get the exact number, but im trying to get one

0 g big 3 and batteries first

i'd go with sundown on your amp but AQ is a good company also

Fully Chargered-12.8

Half Charged-12.5

That's with vehicle off. With vehicle on i'm sure it 14+

start with electrical and sound deadining. getting them outta the way will save u time and money down the road. then once thats out of the way make sure your h/u has sub outputs. next comes the amp go sundown u wont regret i'd say get in on the saz2500 presale or find a used 2000d for a btl. then get a box built or get to work building a box slap all the ingredients together and lose a little bit of hearing lol

It doesn't matter if you buy the sub or amp first, you can't use either until you have both. Same with the wiring.

I think you should start with electrical. A 75 amp alternator won't last long on a system pulling 180-240 amps. If you don't do this, you should probably prepare to spend the money on it after you put the system in and have it ready. You don't want to ruin an alternator and then have no way to get around because you don't have the money to replace the alt just so that you can drive it.

Fully Chargered-12.8

Half Charged-12.5

yea i assume its around 14 also, but i think just to be on the safe side and to get more power id like to get another amp, xs or kinetic? which is the best and cheapest?

Fully Chargered-12.8

Half Charged-12.5

yea i assume its around 14 also, but i think just to be on the safe side and to get more power id like to get another amp, xs or kinetic? which is the best and cheapest?

Those two words never go together.

Fully Chargered-12.8

Half Charged-12.5

Those two words never go together.

:werd_msword: Especially in this hobby.

So i really am stumped, i dont know how to start my install. I am putting a 15" Fi BTL in my 06 4Runner. For an amp im deciding between an audioque 2200D or an Sundown 1500D, which would be more suited for my car, its battery is 12.8v and the alt puts out a wopping 75. I assume il need to prob get better electrical, i will do the big 3 in 0ga but i dont know if itll help. So basicly i dont know where to start, should i buy subs first or amp or both, Or even wire, i assume i need 0ga any other kinds?

So basicly to say the least i have no idea where i should start with this amazing install ha

Thanks

Sam

I would go with the Sundown in a heartbeat. These are just great amps. Jacob is a top notch guy who put his heart into amplifiers long before he even opened his company... the guy was obsessed with amps, and his product proves it. Everything is top notch, no corners cut, and they are newer technologies. I only wish he sold tube amps :wub:

Forget the static voltage of the battery. What matters on the battery is the loaded voltage. As long as it passes a battery load test (take it to your local Autozone, Pep-Boys, NAPA, etc and have it done for free) it is fine. But really, the main issue is going to be the running loaded voltage. Typical voltage at idle will be ~13.8V.

Based on the vehicle info in your other thread, your alternator is a 130 amp alt. IMO it will be perfectly fine with the system you are planning.

Based on the amps you have chosen, and the alternator in the vehicle, and any other variables that one can assume or glean from the post, I would suggest the big 3 in 4ga is the first step, a 1/0 run to the back for the amp, and go with it. I suggest the 4Ga for the big 3 based on the info and chart I provided in the other thread. Also, the vehicle will have a minimum of 8 Ga ground cables overall to both the chassis and engine, either directly, or indirectly (such as the ground strap from the motor to chassis coupled with the direct ground from the battery to the chassis equaling a minimum of 8Ga). There is nothing wrong with going 1/0 across these runs, but it is unnecessary, as even just the 4Ga without the addition of the factory 8Ga or better runs is double, almost triple the required cable for the current in question. While it is true that the resistance across the cable is double, almost triple when going from 4Ga to 1/0Ga, the resistance difference is so nominal that it is illogical to consider it. What is the difference you ask? .0005 ohms across 2 meters, or about 7 feet. IMO it makes more sense to save the cash and spend it elsewhere in the system for things that matter to you, albeit better amps, more showy stuff, better speakers, whatever. Considering that 4Ga itself is beyond the system capacity, it isn't like you gain much by going larger. Either of those 2 amps should be fine on a stock electrical system with an alt that puts out 130 amps.

FWIW, I use KnuKonceptz cable. It is cheap, and high quality IMO. I use this kit. Because it comes with a run of 1/0 ground for the big 3 grounding, I use 1/0 for the grounds. However their single amp kit may be a better fit for you. But, if you may consider doing a front stage as well (and i cannot stress how important this is) you may want to look into the double amp kit for possible future upgrades.

Edited by sandt38