imhungnurnot

What quantity of **** will i need to run 3kw?

I'll be running a SAZ 2500D and a SAX 100.4. The 2500 will be at 1 ohm and the 100.4 will be at 2 ohms. So that's roughly 3140 watts. I have about a 50 ah battery up front, will have a 100 ah battery in the back (deka intimidator 9A31), and I will have the big three. Will I need a high output alternator? I'm not sure what my alternator is rated for. I'm guessing its between 60-100 amps. I have a Chevy 1500 1990 4.3L V6 w/AC.

Please refrain from using profanity in your Thread title please.

You can fix it by going into full edit and retyping the title.

It will make the forum a more family oriented, professional look.

now onto your question, u will need a high output, no doubt. Contact DC Power. If u want a cheap priced alt from them, get an SP version

Please refrain from using profanity in your Thread title please.

You can fix it by going into full edit and retyping the title.

It will make the forum a more family oriented, professional look.

Sorry, I just knew I would get fast replies. I went into full edit an I couldn't retype the title.

now onto your question, u will need a high output, no doubt. Contact DC Power. If u want a cheap priced alt from them, get an SP version

200 Amp alt? Also, can alternators be re-cased in case i get a new vehicle in the near future?

that's a DC Power question, i dont know.

If I remember correctly when you buy an irragi alternator they give an option that's I think like 60 $ and they will recase your alt if you switch vehicles check irragis profile on eBay

If I remember correctly when you buy an irragi alternator they give an option that's I think like 60 $ and they will recase your alt if you switch vehicles check irragis profile on eBay

Even if Irragi wasn't a shitty product, the only way you can "recase" is if you have the same series of alt, so it's pointless if you go to a totally different vehicle. Of course he probably just builds a new alt for whatever you need and takes yours back and refurbs it and sells it as new, so he's still making money. Just an FYI, with all new parts, it only takes roughly $20-50 to build a HO alt with off-the-shelf parts like many manufacturers do.