bread0710

hybrid problem

i have a set of the hybrid clarus c61-2s. i let them break in for a few days and decided to tune them today. everything sounded great until my right tweeter cut out. the mid on the right side and the left tweeter and mid are fine though. tried different songs. and it cuts out on songs with alot of highs. i have a kenwood kdc-X994. ive tried setting the gains with volume 25/35 30/35 and 35/35. i emailed kenwood and they said theis headunit doesnt clip at any volume. i adjusted the gains everythime i changed the volume and it still cuts out. if i turn the gains down the tweeter is ok but im eally losing output. checked both tweeters with a dmm and they read the same. cant figure it out. :(

Edited by bread0710

You turned your gains with your volume at 35 of 35?

no i left it all the way down. i was checking for distortion.

Looks like you blew the tweeter. Never turn the HU up past 3/4

Looks like you blew the tweeter. Never turn the HU up past 3/4

if i blew it wouldnt the ohms read wrong on a dmm?

Are you using passive crossovers and if so does the crossover have tweeter protection?

I'm guessing that's the issue.

As for the volume knob, you can turn it as high as you want as long as clipping isn't induced, and DO NOT listen to the manufacturer. Of course they will tell you it won't clip. The only way you will know for sure is to scope it.

I'm guessing that's the issue.

As for the volume knob, you can turn it as high as you want as long as clipping isn't induced, and DO NOT listen to the manufacturer. Of course they will tell you it won't clip. The only way you will know for sure is to scope it.

yea thats why i didnt set any gain at max volume. i didnt leave it play long just wanted to see if i could hear stress. and im guessing it does have tweeter protection. but only the one side kicks in the other side doesnt. my crossover gets warm while the other one doesnt. i thought i had a bad connection but i rechecked the wires and everythign is ok.

I would contact Hybrid and let them know what your problem is and see what they say. Sounds like something might be wrong with your passive crossover network.

I picked up a scope a few days ago to start getting familar with it, wow a picture is worth a 1000 words.

I would contact Hybrid and let them know what your problem is and see what they say. Sounds like something might be wrong with your passive crossover network.

im thinking that also. the crossover heats up really fast but the other one stays cool. ive had my sundown sax 125.2 and the boston pro60SEs for over a year and never had any problems like this. which sucks cuz the hybrids sound alot better to me :(