Tony Nelson

TC Sounds LMS-R 12"

Hey guys. I noticed the prices dropped a little bit on the new TC Sounds drivers. The LMS-R 12 is now $269. Anyone here have any experience with the newer TC drivers? I know the old ones were well praised.

How would the lms-r compare to an Icon?

I am just always curious and noticed the price and I just started thinking.

I have not used that specific model, but had or currently own plenty of TC build drivers (RL-i TC-2, RL-p TC-9, 8810's TC-7 currently left in the stock pile). So I am fairly familiar with their prior models. All solid, hearty, quality sub woofers. Overall, specs wise, the LMS-R and Icon are fairly close. The Icon a little more sensitive, the LMS-R greater Xmax, same power handling, the Icon has greater Vas (1.54 compared to 1.38 cubic foot). So it is a close comparison, and trying to be as unbiased as possible, driver to driver it is a win win.

Company support, that is another matter. ;)

I have not used that specific model, but had or currently own plenty of TC build drivers (RL-i TC-2, RL-p TC-9, 8810's TC-7 currently left in the stock pile). So I am fairly familiar with their prior models. All solid, hearty, quality sub woofers. Overall, specs wise, the LMS-R and Icon are fairly close. The Icon a little more sensitive, the LMS-R greater Xmax, same power handling, the Icon has greater Vas (1.54 compared to 1.38 cubic foot). So it is a close comparison, and trying to be as unbiased as possible, driver to driver it is a win win.

Company support, that is another matter. ;)

Company support is very true. I was just chatting with you a little bit this morning about my DR 12 order. I sent emails, walked away, came back and you had replied. Very cool. I really appreciated that.

I wish I had money, I would compare the icon, lms-r, and the death row. would be very fun to do.

Anyway, thanks for the response.

I don’t like driver comparisons to other brands for many obvious reasons so since this is a new driver, I’ll draw some comparisons to our older stuff.

The LMS-R is probably most similar to the older LMS-4000 and AP-REVO mixed together. It gets a major boost in BL product thanks its a 4-6 linear coil rather than a 2-4 linear coil. – yes the inductance goes up, but it’s designed for bass, not midbass. This means the gap is a lot wider, but the cross section is a lot thicker so we were able to get t he BL^2/Re up to where the older AP REVO was at a 115 N^2/W but with the benefit of having more linear BL. The TC9 motor used here gets a new thicker copper shorting ring and we also switched all our new speakers, including the LMS-R, to stainless formers. This give us a few advantages over our older speakers that used aluminum and titanium including lower distortion and better adhesive bonding respectively. And of course the biggest is our new discrete assembly process. The motor is shipped in a separate box and top assemblies are easier and less problematic to install then they ever were. If you didn't see Thilo's video, it demonstrates the concept quite well:

hope that helped

Edited by 7

I don’t like driver comparisons to other brands for many obvious reasons so since this is a new driver, I’ll draw some comparisons to our older stuff.

The LMS-R is probably most similar to the older LMS-4000 and AP-REVO mixed together. It gets a major boost in BL product thanks its a 4-6 linear coil rather than a 2-4 linear coil. – yes the inductance goes up, but it’s designed for bass, not midbass. This means the gap is a lot wider, but the cross section is a lot thicker so we were able to get t he BL^2/Re up to where the older AP REVO was at a 115 N^2/W but with the benefit of having more linear BL. The TC9 motor used here gets a new thicker copper shorting ring and we also switched all our new speakers, including the LMS-R, to stainless formers. This give us a few advantages over our older speakers that used aluminum and titanium including lower distortion and better adhesive bonding respectively. And of course the biggest is our new discrete assembly process. The motor is shipped in a separate box and top assemblies are easier and less problematic to install then they ever were. If you didn't see Thilo's video, it demonstrates the concept quite well:

hope that helped

I have seen that video. It was informative. I just wanted some real world experience or tests thats all, if there were any at all. Thanks for the in depth explanation though, very cool.

tc sounds? are you serious? lmao they went out of business years ago. get yourself some mtx 5500s or some kicker L7s. thats where its at.

tc sounds? are you serious? lmao they went out of business years ago. get yourself some mtx 5500s or some kicker L7s. thats where its at.

blink.gif

:No:

Please do not post spam like that in another thread. It helps nothing other than to satisfy you need to be a dick. Take that crap back to CACO.

:wtf:

:banhim:

:squintfinger:

lmao :suicide-santa:

:ohnoes9::lol2::lame::No: